Is this normal? SG sleeping bag

huntem

FNG
My SG 15 deg Chilkoot bag arrived today and while inspecting it, I noticed the fill in the first section below the zipper line seems a bit sparse. I’ll be the first to point out that I was holding the bag upright but still seemed thin. This is my first down bag so a bit new to the ways of feathery warmth. A92AC19F-C66B-4196-A3A9-D0790F37FFCA.jpeg

BBob

WKR
Pretty much all down bags you can take the edge of your hand and distribute/re-distribute the down in the individual tubes. Is there some fill bunched up that just isn't distributed evenly in that tube?

lucky333lucky

Lil-Rokslider
I’m having trouble figuring out what’s in the picture. Are you talking about the neck baffle that seals around your neck with a magnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
huntem

huntem

FNG
I’m having trouble figuring out what’s in the picture. Are you talking about the neck baffle that seals around your neck with a magnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is looking down into the toe box. The ghostly lighter area is the sunlight bleeding through the body of the bag. Where it is blacked out are the baffles with sufficient down.

OP
huntem

huntem

FNG
I spoke with SG and those particular baffles are filled in that manner to allow the flex/bend of your foot. The wife used it last weekend down to low 40s and was plenty warm.