Is this the same headlamp as the Peax?

I don't know if it's the same, I don't have a peax..but I do have a few of these and have zero complaints for the price.

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
That looks to be one of the Chinese brand Sofirn headlamps….if you do a search here on rokslide there are pages of reviews about them comparing them to the Peax brand. I bought two of them three hunting seasons ago and was really impressed by them ….even comparing them with other high end headlamps well beyond the price point of the Peax. Peax claims that theirs are different somehow from the Sofirn brand….but in my opinion they come from the exact manufacturer and Peax rebranded them and charge 3 times the cost for the same thing….

TheAri

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Sofirin after watching the video above, it’s legit but less legit than the Peax

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I have a couple of both. The Peax run time is much longer.

One of my Sofirins crapped out on me in the rain.

gman82001

WKR
I have several Sofirn and they just about last me a season on one battery. I keep one in my pack and if I’m not backpacked in I keep one at camp be it, vehicle, horse, bike camps. Each one lasts me about 3 months with 40-45 days hunting.
Peax might be better but when I can get a pile of lights, batteries and chargers for the same price or less than the Peax I’m going that route.
I was extremely close to buying the peax when a thread came up about the Sofirn and how it compared. The member was pretty in tune with lighting and had been a light retailer. They went in depth on color, beam shape, battery performance, etc.
sure glad I went Sofirn
Buy direct from Sofirn us website. They had a 25% off sale with free items based on how much you spent a month or so ago. I ordered a bunch of friends some sofirns.

I have a couple of the amazon ones, and they are ok. Very cheaply made, light is ok. But i picked up one made by Coast:
It is way better, Great life, plus the red light. I use it all the time. Worth a look, and they run 20% to 50% off at times.

wyosteve

WKR
I bought 2 PEAX shortly after they came out. So far the battery does not last nearly as long as advertised. We get maybe 20 hrs. of use before they need recharging. One and done for me with PEAX.

sr80

WKR
ive got a couple of the sofrins, one of those and then they also have another brighter option without the red light. Cant remember the model number of my head. I used them at work on my hardhat and at home in the shop, they have been great. Anybody ever try a larger capacity battery in their lights?

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Ive got a peax and also the one linked above. The sofirn is a great headlamp and I use it for work but I think the peax is better. The peax seems little brighter and also has the red-light which is important to me for hunting. The battery has been great on both brands for me though.

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I have a sofrin and have been very happy with it. As mentioned above check their website, they have good deals frequently. I have never had my hands on the Peax though.

its 18 bucks on their site right now, at that price they are worth picking up to throw in the glovebox.

Jethro

WKR
ive got a couple of the sofrins, one of those and then they also have another brighter option without the red light. Cant remember the model number of my head. I used them at work on my hardhat and at home in the shop, they have been great. Anybody ever try a larger capacity battery in their lights?
I have the sofirn white/red. It came with the 18650 3000mah battery. I have a spare nitecore NL1834 3400mah battery that works in it also.

I have the Sofrin and Peax, definitely very little difference between the two from my experiences. Not worth the big price jump IMO