Is this your Bull? Diamond Creek ID

Woodrow3

FNG
Colby3, I’d love to talk to you about this if you are still around. I just created an account to try and message directly but I don’t see that option

Woodrow3

FNG
I’d love to give him some info on broadhead, arrow type and of course general location to see. Would be nice to figure out how far he went. I’ve spent days doing grids including trips this spring.

slick

WKR
Woodrow 3, I don't think you can private message until you have a certain number of posts.

Woodrow3

FNG
Good to know. I’ve lurked in here on and off for a while, it’s just as well that I have an account.

Woodrow3

FNG
I’m hoping he’ll get an email once I am able to direct message him. It would be really nice to have some closure on it. Sucks bad to lose an animal, especially when you know it was lethal.

Woodrow3

FNG
I’ve been getting emails on this thread since signing up, I’m hoping he’s getting them as well.

BDRam16

WKR
We came across the remains of this Bull while hunting DC this year. I found about a foot of the broken arrow near the remains. I have the spot marked on my Gaia if he's yours. View attachment 329624
Make sure a prospect gives you the distinguishing features of the arrow and general area before you send gps data out. Good on you, but people will also say “oh that’s mine send me the gps data” to either go snag the deadhead or pick up a good spot for this season.

400orBust

FNG
I realize this is an older thread but I've lost a couple elk bowhunting. It sucks big time. I think this is really cool that the OP is willing to share if someone provides the details to claim. Good on ya' Colby3.

Mmomn

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
That looks a lot like a bull I found in 2017. I'M not sure how long an elk rack could stay in good condition in a shady area

Attachments

• 20170917_175301_003.jpg
    20170917_175301_003.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 187

Woodrow3

FNG
Colby3 and I were able to connect. Unfortunately not the same bull. I was using a different broadhead and his picture was taken a few days before I shot.

Mad pros and respect to Colby3!!! Very cool to try and help other guys out. Unfortunately that’s become more rare I. Society these days. May the hunting gods bless him with success this year!!

Thank you all!

Nontyp

FNG
I shot at a bull in 66a in 2020 that looked like that one. My buddy and I swore I smoked him. The bull ran off and we made our way down to where he stood and we looked for an hr for my arrow and looked for another hr but could not find a drop of blood. I came back the next day and looked for blood and grid searched incase i did not getting a pass through. I never found my arrow or blood