Is your hunting spot affected by fire?

Im not hearing much chatter about this and Im not sure why. There is a huge area basically from Pillsbury, stretching up to the North Yolla Bolly that is under closure as of right now until Sept 30. and who knows, if the fires continue to spread and linger they might not open it up til after season let alone the opener. With all the fires right now, Id have to assume much of Ca's public deer lands are going to be closed.

MeatBuck

WKR
Im not hearing much chatter about this and Im not sure why. There is a huge area basically from Pillsbury, stretching up to the North Yolla Bolly that is under closure as of right now until Sept 30. and who knows, if the fires continue to spread and linger they might not open it up til after season let alone the opener. With all the fires right now, Id have to assume much of Ca's public deer lands are going to be closed.
“Closed”... if you tell yourself it’s closed then I guess it’s closed. I’m going hunting until someone cites me for it being closed or theres a physical blockade. It’s how I feed my family.

For those who aren’t taking that route, have you seen how much of the state hasn’t burned? Deer live there too.

A guy can come here and bitch about “his area” being burned or closed or he can grab his gear and map and take a ride in hopes of filling a tag while learning a new area. Either way, I’ll be hunting, somewheres.

If you want to chat b zone, I’m sure the b zone chatter thread would take comments regarding these fire closures (since you were pretty b zone specific in your post). The a zone chatter thread has fire talk too.

Good luck this season.

Block

WKR
My local zone isn’t in danger of the fire but viz was less than 300 yards all week pretty much Un Huntable

WKR

WKR
Apparently the forest service has shut down some of the national forests as well as all the day use areas and camp grounds as of 5 pm today

qwerksc

WKR
D7 is getting torched, no mountain quail next week and my rifle tag is melting. Praying for my friends and family up there. still going somewhere though, A zone private apple orchard is looking very good, very zoo like.

JNDEER

WKR
eFoot- it is my understanding that they are not attempting to halt the fire from burning the NF- only ensure it doesn’t damage more structures. If you hunt anywhere in that area you will know that fire will destroy all of southern B zone as it moves west and north west from its original starting point.

WKR

WKR
General A zone. I had a trip planned for the last few days of the season, those plans have now gone up in flames. There’s a wild hair growing in me right now to go hunt the first half of my Selway B elk tag now.
Aren't they getting some major weather coming in up there this week?

Azone

WKR
Original game plan was to get up there on the 30th October with my two friends and give her hell for the first half of November. Kinda busy at work but nothing crazy, wheels are turning, might be the proud husband to a pissed off wife in the next couple weeks. But making to two trips to Idaho just sounds awesome at this point.

OP
E
going to try a completely new wilderness to me this year. All the spots im familiar with are a no go for sure. Hopefully there are't too many other people with the same Idea, I just refuse to miss my opening week hunt.

ndayton

WKR
Fires come with the territory while hunting September unfortunately, but I will say in 2017 if it wasn't for fire closures I wouldn't have found an even better elk hunting spot by being forced to go somewhere new. Sometimes its a blessing in disguise.