ISO backpack tent

packer

FNG
Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 is the one I use. 2.5 lbs. Room enough for 1 person and all of your gear. Maybe I need to lose weight. Haha

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m a big fan of a 2 man tent with a vestibule. A little extra carry weight in this area doesn’t bother me at all.

The Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT is my absolute favorite tent of all time. It’s pricey tho.

My cheaper, throw it in the pack and roll tent for short trips when it’s too cold for a tarp and Tyvek setup is my Badlands Artemis 2 Man. I got it for 50% off and it’s an awesome little 3 season tent that’s easy as hell to set up. Also on the heavier side but a great option at a really nice price at that 50% off. This tent is amazingly warm with all the window flaps shut. I was in my 10 degree bag in this tent when it was approaching zero this season in Idaho. With a field blanket under the bag I was warm as can be in just boxer shorts and a beanie.

*zap*

WKR
The best two person tent for use by two people is a 3 or 4 person tent. Depends on budget but if you want to economize I think an older used rei tent would be a good option. Rei made some really good tents that stand up to bad conditions pretty well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The best two person tent for use by two people is a 3 or 4 person tent. Depends on budget but if you want to economize I think an older used rei tent would be a good option. Rei made some really good tents that stand up to bad conditions pretty well.
+1 forgot to mention in my post above. If you are planning on having two hunters with gear in a 2 person tent it is tough to make it work. I run 2 person tents for just myself and my gear. If you have a dedicated hunting partner and want a true all season set up I’d also look into a tipi and stove set up. It makes your pack in heavier but you can save weight in lighter sleeping system and clothing. Something to consider.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Big Sky International Revolution. Two doors/Two vestibules and attention to detail in my opinion is as good as any.

Mosby

WKR
Not sure if you want a floor or not but for the size, price and weight, I would look at the Eolus from SO:

eolus

Welcome.

If you want room. For gear and two people go with a 3 person tent or even 4 or make sure you have good vestibules. Backpacker magazine will put out their gear issue soon. Plenty of great options mentioned above. I have had good luck with REI store brand and north face over the years. Recently paid $$$ for a dyneema tent. It is light but it is 3x the cost for half the weight. Not sure it really makes sense unless you are going to use it for long haul trekking.