ISO Black Diamond Headlamp with Red Spotlight

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
My hunting partner has a BD headlamp with an awesome Red Spotlight. I unfortunately, only have a Red Floodlight on the 3 BD headlamps that I currently own. The only downside is that I feel that I am walking in the dark half blind, and I'm constantly stumbling over things. Short of switching brands, do any of you have any intel/insight? Thank you!

OP
Carrot Farmer

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
It’s 3-4 yrs old, no markings on it as to what model. Trail @ GoHunt said that it’s likely a 3-4 yr old Cosmos. Customer service at Black Diamond said that all red night vision lights are the same... looks like I’m switching brands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Black Diamond Storm is the one you want. They just upgraded for this year and the red light, while flooding, is very bright and very capable of lighting your way around. You don't need a red spotlight since you wouldn't be able to see very far on red light anyways.

Squamch

WKR
The Black Diamond Storm is the one you want. They just upgraded for this year and the red light, while flooding, is very bright and very capable of lighting your way around. You don't need a red spotlight since you wouldn't be able to see very far on red light anyways.

Problem with the storm is the complicated system of holding the button for 3 seconds for this, 5 seconds for that, quick tap for the other thing....it takes me a couple minutes to get it on the mode I want every time.

Problem with the storm is the complicated system of holding the button for 3 seconds for this, 5 seconds for that, quick tap for the other thing....it takes me a couple minutes to get it on the mode I want every time.

Well, Black Diamond addressed this by having now TWO buttons on the top of the light. Much easier to navigate the different settings for sure. I was thoroughly impressed having 3 Storms, 2 old and the new version. The new version is definitely an upgrade. It even feels more solid. Of course, the side touch button for turbo mode is still there, so technically the unit has 3 buttons.

You should check it out.

OP
Carrot Farmer

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved

I have the Storm, and even on brightest red floodlight, it’s no comparison to my buddy’s red spotlight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk