ISO Day hiking backpack

loordan

FNG
Hello everyone I am looking for a good day use pack. Unfortunately my old one was falling apart and needed to get decommissioned. I am looking for something lightweight, not to bulky but can store a few pieces of gear, bino pack, water, sweatshirt, knife, Maybe some sheds. Prefer to buy American made as opposed to oversea . But if I must I will buy china but would like to avoid. Frame is not hugely important. Please let me know what you guys use

NDGuy

WKR
Hello everyone I am looking for a good day use pack. Unfortunately my old one was falling apart and needed to get decommissioned. I am looking for something lightweight, not to bulky but can store a few pieces of gear, bino pack, water, sweatshirt, knife, Maybe some sheds. Prefer to buy American made as opposed to oversea . But if I must I will buy china but would like to avoid. Frame is not hugely important. Please let me know what you guys use
I have one listed in the classifieds

Kifaru Stryker pack and duplex light frame

bozeman

WKR
Kifaru has some options for both internal and external frame packs....I have a Seek Outside Flight and its an almost perfect day pack. Can hold around 20-25lbs very comfortably, VERY light weight.......internal frame pack.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look at Hill People Gear. Made in USA.

Junction (small)
Connor (not huge, but bigger and versatile if it needs to hold stuff outside)
Umlindi (for me, probably the best size, the reasons I don't have one are a Kifaru Molle Express (no longer made) and Kifaru Marauder (no longer made))

It comes down to the volume needed and configuration for me. My 2 old Kifarus can be day packs, ride bike or TW to the store packs, or overnight plus if I really think about needs. The Marauder (because it's a panel loader with zippers clear to the bottom) can hold stuff bigger than it is (like snowshoes or a chainsaw), the MollEx can do the same stacking even a 65L dry bag in the bottom lid and strapping it in, but, Kifaru quit selling those.....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk