Iso Good deal Merino socks lightweight

Looking for reccomendations on some good socks at a good price point for early season

Ac338

WKR
Darntough 2011 here. A little pricier but the quality is worth it.
Also looks like Blackovis has them $18 a pair plus you can use the discount code

Last edited:
COSTCO 4 pack of Merino Trail Socks for $16. in Canada....probably $12 in the US. And I just double them up when I want "thicker" socks. Wash them hot and dry in the dryer and they last me for a long time.

ODB

WKR
Hijack: Orvis medium weight fly merino fly fishing socks are the best hunting socks on the planet..

Carry on...

Can’t go wrong with Darn Tough and Farm to Feet. I’ve got a show box full of wool socks I never wear anymore since I’ve got these two brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for reccomendations on some good socks at a good price point for early season

Call Darntough socks, and speak with a rep. Tell him exactly what you will be using the socks for, and they will recommend which one is best. They are a little pricey, but have a lifetime warranty. You will love them.

I get ones from amazon called omni-wool... they are nice, I have had some of them for 3+ years and they aren't worn out. They also come in different weights.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for darn tough. I bought a pair and felt incredibly dumb spending that much on socks. I've bought 3 more pair since and do not regret it.

Elk97

WKR
Watch Camofire for when Lorpen merino socks come up. I've used both the regular and lightweight for a couple of years now and they are great. Never blister and they seem to last forever. And they are cheap (6.99?).

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Just got some Lorpen light hikers from Sierra I think they were 399 or 499 per pair. Wore them this morning and they were great.

Ddog

WKR
Duluth Trading runs sales constantly on Smartwool and their own lightweight merino socks. Bought a 3 pack of their holiday themed light dress socks and love em. Also have a couple pair of the angry beaver light hikers that are awesome.

COSTCO 4 pack of Merino Trail Socks

This! All I've worn for probably 8+ years are the Costco Kirkland brand merino socks, about $12 for 4 pair, they wear well, are comfortable and warm, and at that price I could practically throw them away after one use and still be ahead of $18 per pair socks.

Last edited:
I do like my darn toughs but the Costco socks stayed above are great, especially for the money assuming you are good with below the calf. Duluth merino OTC are very nice if you want a higher sock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
COSTCO 4 pack of Merino Trail Socks for $16. in Canada....probably $12 in the US. And I just double them up when I want "thicker" socks. Wash them hot and dry in the dryer and they last me for a long time.

I wonder if they stopped selling? I am on their website and cannot find any merino socks.

amassi

WKR
I wonder if they stopped selling? I am on their website and cannot find any merino socks.
Theyre on amazon
"Kirkland signature merino trail socks"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
49beeb3b059e970e6237a71d779b0dde.jpg