ISO: Long Range Hunting Podcast

Vandy321

WKR
Seems like the majority of podcasts I've found, although great podcasts in their own right, seem to be primarily focused or ran by archery hunters.

Hunt Backcountry, Eastmans, Gritty, Kifarucast, Finding Backcountry, etc. Good info, but nothing really dedicated or that talks about long range hunting/shooting.

I listen to The Everyday Sniper by the folks at Snipershide often and it's great. Does anybody have any suggestions for anything oriented like that to talking about long range hunting specifically...sure wish Broz would start a podcast👍

Broz

WKR
Seems like the majority of podcasts I've found, although great podcasts in their own right, seem to be primarily focused or ran by archery hunters.

Hunt Backcountry, Eastmans, Gritty, Kifarucast, Finding Backcountry, etc. Good info, but nothing really dedicated or that talks about long range hunting/shooting.

I listen to The Everyday Sniper by the folks at Snipershide often and it's great. Does anybody have any suggestions for anything oriented like that to talking about long range hunting specifically...sure wish Broz would start a podcast👍
LOL, I have actually done a few with Avery Adventures and we have another one planned soon. Toss out a few topic suggestions and I will get with Ryan.

Jeff

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
LOL, I have actually done a few with Avery Adventures and we have another one planned soon. Toss out a few topic suggestions and I will get with Ryan.

Jeff

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out, nothing really specific, just always enjoy listening and learning to folks talk shooting.

My questions would probably be far more basic than most of your listeners would benefit from, but for me...

Some talk about setting up for a shots in differing mountainous terrain...downhill in particular from say your glassing spot. Bipod and prone on a steep downhill or sitting with trekking poles and a pack for a rear bag?

Shooting across a drainage with thermals and some considerations with different wind speed/directions at the shooter vs the target.

What is your pre-shot ritual before and when getting on the rifle and does it change much sitting at a glassing spot with all available environmental data plugged in (except range), vs if you happen to be on the move and catch an animal out in the open and now time is maybe more of a factor.

Probably basic stuff for the more experienced, but that's the type of stuff that crosses my mind.

netman

WKR
Gunwerks has a good long range podcast. There are a couple former Marine snipers giving out really good information there.

fatbacks

WKR
I’ve been digging the Backcountry Hunting Podcast by Joseph von Benedikt. Seems to be heavily weighted towards shooting and rifles. Some really good info on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Subscribed to everyone's inputs so far, I I alot for work and these are great for the commute. Thanks fellas! I'm not sure why I never thought of gunwerks, I watch their youtube channel when I'm on the road, some good stuff

bwtitus

FNG
Another vote for VP Precision, Jon is a hell of a guy and a wicked shot. The guy is a killer, and the information about PRS can be directly applied to a lot of hunting situations.

brisket

Lil-Rokslider

Jeff

I’m not sure it yall’s thing, but pushing a true el cheapo build as far as you can in truly capable hands would be a cool topic that I think there would be a ton of interest in