ISO the best wood stove for a wall tent

lefty8

FNG
Hey guys! I just bought a 12x14 wall tent and I am wondering what size and brand of wood stove is best in your goys' opinions? Obviously you can never go wrong with a bigger than needed stove, but I also don't want to have over 500 lbs. of stuff for my wall tent. Or maybe someone is looking to sell their wood stove? Anyways, just thought I would reach out for some guidance. TIA

Mosby

WKR
I think Cylinder Stoves in Utah and Fourdog Stoves in MN are generally considered the best. I have a Cylinder Stove. One is round and one is square. Both are extremely well made. I would talk to the companies about recommended sizes.

Davis Tent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We like to say the size of a stove is dependent on size of wall tent and the conditions you are going to be in. Archery hunting in September is typically very different from late season rifle hunting. Let us know if we can help you any further. Good luck!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Colorado Cylinder stoves make good stoves as well. Lots of options, including building your own

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sro914

FNG
walltentshop.com has great info on what to look for in a stove. I have a 16x24 and have the yukon #5 it is great. The most important consideration for me was buying a stove that was airtight so that it will keep a fire through the night. It also gives you the best control of heat being able to completely seal the fire in the stove. Enjoy your new tent.

ridgefire

WKR
We have the Cylinder Stove Hunter model for our 12x16 wall tent and it works great. It will still have some coals in it in the morning if you stuff it before you go to bed and damper it right. We have had it for probably 15 years now with zero issues.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
If car camping, consider a NuWay 3500 propane stove and eliminate the embers and midnight work.

kodiak3.jpg

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I have been using the camp chef wood burning stove to heat our 10 x 12 wall tent for a dozen years or so and it hasnt left us cold yet. Its seen negative temperatures many times and we cant find any negatives about the stove.

I have the same stove for my 10x12. Zero complaints

No comparison. I set it on one burner down low and sleep all night. Wood stoves are for backpacking IMHO.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 4 dog and wouldn’t trade it for anything , dampers down very nice and don’t have to stoke it all the time.