ISO_Alpha-Class Archery Elk Pants_MUST be QUIET

GotDraw?

WKR
All,

Rare that I ask for help here, but I could use input from folks here because there are simply too many choices out there. Please respond if you have used the pants you are recommending, not if you just read about them. If you have tried several pants, I'd love to hear your thoughts good/bad about each of them.

Title says it all. Price unimportant.

Looking for the perfect high mountain, archery elk pant: Tough enough to push through scrub oak, but as quietly as possible, thigh vents to drop heat when climbing. Quiet enough to be in close w/archery in scratchy brush and not spook an animal... like stalking a whitetail level of quiet.

I have used Fjallraven Keb Gaiter Trousers for 6 years. Love them, but the G1000 reinforcing fabric is much too scratchy/noisy in dense brush. I am done with them.

Goals:
  • Quiet, Quiet, Quiet- like stalking a whitetail quiet... THIS is most important to me
  • Lightweight to mid-weight- but tough enough to push through scrub oak if needed without ripping and w/o sounding like scratchy fabric . [Scrub Oak, dense brush is less than 10% of my hunting]
  • Thigh vents- required
  • Stretch fabric- preferred in action areas of the pant to make climbing easier
  • DWR- nice but not required
  • Solid colors- preferred but not mandatory
  • Pockets- large, external access thigh/map pockets preferred
    • Back pockets preferred too
  • Reinforced seat/knees- preferred but definitely not required
  • Knee Pad slots- nice to have but not required
  • Fit- prefer a fit that is NOT like skinny jeans. I have a 32 waist and larg-ish thighs
I am open to all thoughts on Stone Glacier, Kuiu, Sitka, First Lite, Pnuma... or any others

Thank you!

JL

CMF

WKR
I have a pair of Kuiu Attacks and Tiburon's. Both have thigh vents, the Tiburons breath extremely well. The Attacks feel more durable and maybe a tad quieter, but don't breathe as well as the Tiburons in warm weather. Tiburons also dry faster.

Btaylor

WKR
Sitka mountain pants cover most of your list but dont have the hip vents. Seat isnt reinforced but they do have the knee pads that work well. Quiet enough to stalk whitetails in as I did that very thing in them last season more than once.

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
I think a pair of padded road biking tights under a fleece kilt checks all those boxes?
I like the way you roll. In fact, I used to road bike 450 miles/week back when I competed.

I will say that padded road shorts under blue jeans are THE hot ticket for long horseback rides in a Western saddle.

JL

Gerbdog

WKR
Been looking at different pants this year also, wish i could offer more, the hip vents are the hard thing to find, but i agree they are a must, theyre fantastic for letting out heat in that September hunting season. Will be watching this thread to see if anyone has something theyve used that i havent looked over yet

mtnlomo

FNG
I have a pair of Kuiu Attacks and Tiburon's. Both have thigh vents, the Tiburons breath extremely well. The Attacks feel more durable and maybe a tad quieter, but don't breathe as well as the Tiburons in warm weather. Tiburons also dry faster.

Same here, love them, highly recommend. Although they are NOT broadhead proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehawk

WKR
If you can live without the thigh vents, I think the Sitka Apex pant fits your needs. By far, my favorite pant until snow really sets in. Then I move to the Timberline.

Skre gear hardscrabble checks all your boxes except knee pads. These were very durable quiet pants , I used them for 2 seasons. I bought them when Skre was a first starting out so im not sure if they’ve made changes to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vandy321

WKR
Kuiu pro checks them all. Own sitka and SG as well but the pro's are my favorite pant for summer through Sept.

TBHasler

WKR
There’s no perfect pant that I’m aware of...but if you’re willing to pay to have hip vent zips Put in The Sitka mountain pants, that would be the closest thing to your unicorn.
They’re more quiet than the attack, durable, knee pads in/out, thigh pockets, taper a bit at ankles that help with snags.
Stone glacier pants (both orig and lites) are too noisy in brush as are the attacks.
I’d be interested to hear what those that have tried to new first lite foundry line have to say about them - that might be the way to go - Corrugate foundry model(??)

If you don’t need the camo colors the prana stretch Zion pants are amazing. They are extremely quiet and held up really well through last season. They don’t have the thigh vents but they’re thin enough I didn’t miss them

I also have the kings preacher pants that would check most of your boxes but they aren’t as quiet as I’d like so I use those mostly for rifle deer