Issue with brass not fitting camber 22 250 after sizing rcbs matchmaster die FL B. Need help

Hello I have rcbs match master die set and I'm sizing my 22 250 brass. It's a fl Busing die and I'm using a 246 busing.

The issue I'm having is its tough to close the bolt. Like the brass doesn't fit. I have bumped the should back max I can and it hasn't changed anything.

Started measuring the dimensions and the base of the neck is out of spec it's .268 and supposed to be .256 or less. This is after sizing

The busing is not floating much almost all the way down.

Ideas on how to fix this

Ridge86

WKR
Maybe your bumping the shoulders back to much. I had the same problem, backed my FL sizer die out until the shell holder slightly touches the bottom of the die with no bump. Not saying it’s right, just what worked for me.

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
You shell holder is probably too thick above the extractor groove grabber slot. You can sand it down bit by bit or get redding sized shell holders. Easier to hand sand down with some coarse metal sandpaper on a very flat surface. Mike it and start taking off thousandths and test for bump until your case goes in enough to push the shoulder back. easy does it! can finish the shell holder on a whetstone to make it pretty again.

Marble

WKR
If there are primers in the brass what do they look like after chambering?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
I think tesoro is on the right track with sanding down your shell holder. The Redding shell holders are usually for going the other way (thicker).

The bushing is not supposed to size the whole neck. You do need to bump the shoulder back every now and then. My guess is you have 3 or 4 loadings on that brass and never actually bumped the shoulder. Do you have a FL die?

OP
It's a fl busing die. I have the zero press and the modular shell holder I'll back the shoulder bump off and see what happens.
Second loading on brass

Sled

WKR
It's a fl busing die. I have the zero press and the modular shell holder I'll back the shoulder bump off and see what happens.
Second loading on brass

Factory barrel or custom? If it's only your second loading you might have a loose chamber and could have overworked the brass. Check your book for measurements against those of you once fired case and your resized cases. Imo, either your shoulder needs to be bumped back more or the necks are too long and should be trimmed.

OP
Thanks for the ideas. It's a fierce firearms carbon rival.

The new laupa brass fits prefect. I fire it one and resize and it doesn't fit....

Harvey_NW

WKR
You need to correctly measure headspace (cartridge head to datum line on shoulder), web area (.200" above case head), and OAL, and compare to new brass dimensions. You're likely either not bumping the shoulder back enough, getting excessive web expansion from too hot of a load on first firing, or need to neck trim. Assuming you're talking about just chamber checking unloaded brass and aren't loaded too long and jamming into the lands.

B23

WKR
Thanks for the ideas. It's a fierce firearms carbon rival.

The new laupa brass fits prefect. I fire it one and resize and it doesn't fit....
Have you tried chambering a piece of fired brass, before, you resize it? I would try that first and if a fired piece of brass, not a new unfired piece, will chamber fine then you likely aren't bumping the shoulder back at all and if the die isn't set up properly and screwed down far enough to actually bump the shoulder back it's very possible a piece of brass can come out of your die, longer, from base to shoulder than before you sized it.

Are you measuring you brass before and after sizing with a caliper and shoulder bump gauge or just measuring base to top of the neck for overall length or not measuring with a caliper at all?

Erict

WKR
I'd try examining the basics first if I were you. Get out a sharpie and darken one or two entire fired cases. Lube and run them through the die. That should provide a good visual of what is contacting the die walls and what isn't. Good luck.

OP
Thanks for the advice I'll try some of this soon and try to look at

Head space measurement
Neck lengths.

I'm 50 thou off the lands

Sled

WKR
I think it ended up being not enough shoulder bump. Will make a few rounds and try it out

If you can't adjust it down far enough you may need to shave down the shell holder to about the distance you're lacking on the bump. Just dedicate that shell holder to that die so you don't throw off other dies/calibers that fit it.