It ain’t just ammo

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a good buddy in the lumber industry and the word is that they can't keep the mills staffed because people are content with the stimulus payments + Unemployment. Add that to the trucking costs increasing and you have what you have with lumber prices through the roof.
He skipped over the fact they're sitting on a stockpile of logs from last year when the mills were shut down? It's the reason loggers aren't cutting as much now because the mills are offering pennies on the dollar for these logs. Mill owners are making a killing now, loggers are getting the shaft, as well as consumers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Desk Jockey
FWIW I shot a USPSA match this weekend. Some guys were talking about getting drinks and drabs of primers from wholesalers in Europe. Cost was $850 for 10k. That is about half of what they are going for on gun broker and about 3-4x normal price. They said they are starting to see more coming in.

GotDraw?

WKR
He skipped over the fact they're sitting on a stockpile of logs from last year when the mills were shut down? It's the reason loggers aren't cutting as much now because the mills are offering pennies on the dollar for these logs. Mill owners are making a killing now, loggers are getting the shaft, as well as consumers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
^^^^
YUP!! Big lumber mills are totally crushing it, extraordinary profit right now. Loggers, timber owners are making pennies.

JL