It ain’t just ammo

Rich M

WKR
The abserdity on some things is the other way around. Ammo was an issue well befor this year. The bicycle shortage also happened well before this year. Lubber had increased significantly in price last summer. The inflation in the stock market has been going on for years.

I can go on. The hilarious thing is I oppose many of this administrations policies and agree that they are making problems worse and causing new problems; but when you chose to focus on parties, rather than policy, you lost credibility as an "independent" and as having an objective evaluation. Your insistance that nothing was wrong before January 20th just seals that impression.
It was the lefts attacks on Trump that messed a lot of stuff up. Lotsa folks didn't like orang man but he did a lot of good.

The left caused a lot of the problems. Antifa and BLM helped the ammo shortage. The great desire to shut down the country led to a lot of shortages. Trump wasn't for either of those.

President is 1/3 of the 3 prongs. Congress and the judges and the media did a great job messing w everything.

Gobbler36

WKR
anything made on a production line has shortages. I am in the furniture world. Empty showrooms, 8 months to get new inventory. Long story short, there is raw material shortages, labor shortages, transportation issues. That is on domestic production. Ie when the meat packing plants where shut down, very few people thought there would be a leather shortage, but there is. No cows killed no hides to tan. just an example.

on the import side, the ports are backed up big time. In december i got a container in, the freight cost of the container was $4,000. the same company, the container i got last week cost me $7,100 in freight. dang near double in a couple of months. My containers are taking a month longer to get thru port and to me. This situation will not be going away any time soon. The other side of things, is, the demand for goods is 20 times higher than the supply of goods.
I’m in the flooring world, we manufacture a lot here but import a lot as well. We just had an increase I was reading that they are talking the price of containers upwards of 10,000 by summer and higher. There is so much going out and we don’t export to get containers back and long hold ups at ports have created container shortages and bidding wars. it’s insane times

Gobbler36

WKR
The moment the government stepped in and said we’re here to help was the moment we were doomed, leave people’s rights alone and let them pick themselves up, they do this at a faster pace. step in and give handouts and make decisions for people it just becomes this vicious of dependency and laziness.

to think all of this was done over a severe cold with a less than 1% chance of it being fatal

netman

WKR
All I know is I need some 6.8 spc brass for my 6-6.8 AR I’m building. Anyone with 6.8 spc brass that you want to sell let me know by PM.
Also need .243 58 grain Vmax but I’m not going to get greedy.

I think we are seeing the early signs of inflation and that quantitative easing and other loose financial policies have been baking it in for years. We may have finally reached the tipping point. Unfortunately, only time will tell and once it is clear prevention will be impossible.
Anyone with a basic understanding of the economy saw it coming, you can't pull trillions of dollars out of your ass and not have negative results.

Ports are all full and backed up too, due to lack of workers and COVID protocols. Stuff is sitting in shipping crates and taking 2-3 times longer to ship. Causes delays and higher prices.
I deal with shipments from China (Unfortunately) and everything is at least 4 months delayed due to production and shipping delays. The cost keeps going up and up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
I placed an order for a new RV for work in October . I am hopeful it will be delivered by April. It's been a litany of issues. Covid infections at manufacturers slow down assembly, delays on appliances from ooverseas, deceased amount of chemicals that are used in production for walls and furniture. With increasingly complicated and intertwined productions lines it seems like if once piece of the pie is missing it all comes to a halt.

Squamch

WKR
Lumber is off the charts

my window supplier told me 9 week lead time for standard low e single hung vinyl windows
Friend of mine is a production manager for a residential window company. Last May he tried ordering vinyl extrusion and was told that because of supply shortages, he would get what he got, and that was that. They were rationing materials and issuing what they could.

The construction boom, and increase in lumber prices is bizarre. The loggers are still working, the mills are running...truckers have been "essential" the whole time...there is no reason for it.

z987k

WKR
Friend of mine is a production manager for a residential window company. Last May he tried ordering vinyl extrusion and was told that because of supply shortages, he would get what he got, and that was that. They were rationing materials and issuing what they could.

The construction boom, and increase in lumber prices is bizarre. The loggers are still working, the mills are running...truckers have been "essential" the whole time...there is no reason for it.
Interest rates and free money are the reason for it. Interest rates need to do a hard correction. 5-6%+ range to account for the extra cash floating around. You'll instantly see supply go way past demand.

Maybe people will eventually figure out that if something costs 2x as much, even at 2% interest, it costs more than before and stop buying like an idiot.

Beendare

WKR
The talking heads and government are saying this inflation we are having is only temporary, I think thats horse puckey.

We are currently experiencing hyper inflation, And the supposed experts are in denial. Sure things will even out eventually though at a higher price point, it has to with the higher tax, wasteful spending and energy policy we are seeing.

z987k

WKR
The talking heads and government are saying this inflation we are having is only temporary, I think thats horse puckey.

We are currently experiencing hyper inflation, And the supposed experts are in denial. Sure things will even out eventually though at a higher price point, it has to with the higher tax, wasteful spending and energy policy we are seeing.

Meanwhile your wages were effectively cut in half.

ozyclint

WKR

which kifaru backpack is best for hauling my grocery cash? :) wheel barrows are so cumbersome.....

I see where Ford is building F150s without computers due to the chip shortage..They shut down production for 2 weeks a month or so ago, no chips, now they are going to still build them but hold them at the factory till they get chips.
Apparently the automotive chip shortage is across all manufacturers...

Rich M

WKR
I see where Ford is building F150s without computers due to the chip shortage..They shut down production for 2 weeks a month or so ago, no chips, now they are going to still build them but hold them at the factory till they get chips.
Apparently the automotive chip shortage is across all manufacturers...
Dodge too

sasquatch

WKR
Also, everyone remember, sales taxes are based off of a %!!

Higher things cost the higher the sales tax!

I believe this simple concept is so often overlook/missed.

When did ppl become so lost and dependent. Nobody understand or values money. All they want is whatever flashy thing they can afford a “note” on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think they did stop logging at least around here in the nw when the stock market price dipped real low last year, for about a month. My logging buddy said it would eventually create a shortage just like the spotted owl shit show. Combined with alot of our lumber coming from canada nowadays, check this out guys! 1/2 osb at the depot today $42.45 per sheet wtf lol

Attachments

• 20210402_102410.jpg
    20210402_102410.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 87

Ace531

FNG
I think they did stop logging at least around here in the nw when the stock market price dipped real low last year, for about a month. My logging buddy said it would eventually create a shortage just like the spotted owl shit show. Combined with alot of our lumber coming from canada nowadays, check this out guys! 1/2 osb at the depot today $42.45 per sheet wtf lol

That's about the going price right now. The issue with OSB, plywood and engineered wood products at the moment is a huge shortage in glues and adhesives that is giving the supply shortages and coupled with the incredible demand for building materials, the prices are through the roof. Like others have mentioned, the biggest reason for the demand right now is the low interest rates.

jlh42581

WKR
You aint seen nothing yet. This semiconductor shortage is going to screw EVERYTHING from cell phones to refrigerators to cars. Its already caused multiple companies to have temp shut downs on production lines.