IT Band.....Hey Aron.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
Watched you vid #2 and noticed we share a similar situation that is new to me late last year.

IT Band issues.

Can you expand on your brace and maybe what else your doing to help it?

BTW rolling it over a foam exercise tube hurts like hell.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've struggled with IT band syndrome, as well watched dozens of clients with it. It's overtraining that brings it on in most people (unless they have a defect or bone spur). The only thing I've seen help it is rest (hard for an active person) and ice, then avoiding overtraining it in the future- Robby Denning ACE/ACSM personal trainer.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
PS, anti-inflammatory meds work, but don't use them to mask the pain as they will trick you into thinking you're ready to train. Use them after your workout, not before.

JPhelps

Lil-Rokslider
When I had my knee surgery a few years ago my gait was off and when I started training it caused ITBand Syndrome on my bad knee. My orthopedic surgeon recommended ice, rest and tons of stretching (once the inflammation and pain subsided).

It was not something I could push through.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I pushed through it in the 2010 season, but I planned most of my routed up hill! I've got a handle on everything now, but I keep the IT band wrap with me at all times and roll/stretch every night...especially when on hunting and scouting trips.

I agree the stretching, foam roller and rest are the best, and probably only way to get back on track.

Here's a link the the IT wrap I use, but the rolling on the Nalgene bottle has probably done more for me than anything!
http://www.rei.com/product/704435/pro-tec-athletics-iliotibial-band-wrap