It was no Contest - Just a Fun Day

Finally got some extra time today - so I decided to head to the farm.

I am in the middle of testing a new bullet and really wanted to get some chrono numbers for the bullet and the load I was using.

Accuracy is no longer a concern, I have shot the bullet from 4 different rifles and acuracy is not a problem. I have shot the bullet with same type MMP sabot from all 4 f the rifles, two whites, a UMag and a White G-Series plus 2 different Knight rifles. Todays shoot with a Knight Super DISC was a repeat performance for it.

I had a small window to get this down so I grabbed everything, stuffed it in the truck and headed out to the Farm.

It was 25* here in town and very little wind. The Farm is only 7 miles from Moscow - so I felt the weather conditions would be alright. I was some what wrong... The wind was really blowing out there and of course that made it feel a lot colder.

Got to farm and began setting things up - guess what no chrono!!!! so that plan was in the trash. I will just get the information later.

I did setup a target shooting range, I am not that keen on shooting paper anymore once the gun is sighted in so I put the birds out. They break when you shoot them - instant feeling of success!

The gun I was shooting with had already been sighted in with the same 120 grain load of T7 but a bullet of different weight. I decided to shoot it as if the gun were sighted with it.

The shoot was a success - well, a success for me...

Hopefully the following pictures can show you the results I saw...

ShootComposite-4.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
sabotloader, love your posts. I was at the SHOT show so got behind on the forums.
The 45 cal platform is my favorite deer load so was happy to see you testing one.
From the pics, it looks like you blasted everything except the 125 yards?

Your "gun holder" that swings out from the box is novel! I invent something each time I get to the range to accomplish that task. Whe makes it?

Also, I can't count the times I got to the range and found I left something home. Everything from the gun :) to the shooting bench.

Keep it all coming. It's so cold here and I'm so busy, it will be spring before I'm shooting again. I have a 45 cal load I want to work on that showed some promise last year before I ran out of time.

OP
sabotloader
sabotloader, love your posts. I was at the SHOT show so got behind on the forums.
The 45 cal platform is my favorite deer load so was happy to see you testing one.
From the pics, it looks like you blasted everything except the 125 yards?

Na, i got the 125's they were as easy as the 50 yard shots....

Your "gun holder" that swings out from the box is novel! I invent something each time I get to the range to accomplish that task. Whe makes it?

It is just a plastic part from an old gun box that I just clamp on the tail gate with a clamp...

Also, I can't count the times I got to the range and found I left something home. Everything from the gun :) to the shooting bench.

Keep it all coming. It's so cold here and I'm so busy, it will be spring before I'm shooting again. I have a 45 cal load I want to work on that showed some promise last year before I ran out of time.