It's a matter of time!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been into the whitetails the last few days and been trying to get an arrow in a great buck has proven difficult as he has been giving me the slip a few times. It is a matter of time as the deer movement has been great during the Post Rut.

Hopefully pictures to come!

What has everybody else been seeing?

RUTTIN

WKR
Can't wait to see pictures J-Rod, if anyone can pull it off it is you, keep at it and may your arrow fly true!

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been hard at it. Had the bucks patterned and now they disappeared. The smaller bucks are still around. I think they may be onto me and went nocturnal perhaps. Gonna give the area some time to cool off before going back in. Got a couple other area I'm gonna hit up!

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luck....what happens when patience, perserverance, and preparation meets opportunity......

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 94
Congrats Jared !!

I too stuck with it. Happened the last day of the year ! Not a monster but closed the deal on this buck and a doe. I sent the 125 gr German Kinetic within 20 seconds of him getting in range. Made it 15 yards. Will provide my family with "organic" meat for at least 6 months :)

2012-12-30 17.31.34-3.jpg

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Late season whitetail in SD. Love spot and stalking and still hunting whitetails in areas where most people would hang a treestand! Killed this buck within shooting range of a vacant treestand.

The buck was very active checking does a month after the rut had ended. Middle to late part of December is a great time as does will come into their 2nd cycle that were not bred during November. Locating moving does through a travel corridor allowed me to slip within range and put an arrow into his boiler room from 40 yards.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Jared, great job on a great buck! I full-sized your pic so we could really get our eyes on it.

And spot & stalk to boot!

Congrats.