Its

Kindo

WKR
We’re a little behind you up here in WI, but the water is quickly warming up! Looking forward to some clear water before she gets too murky.

It would be fun to shoot some ditches but nothing like that around here.

You shooting mostly commons out there or do you have some other species to chase?
3696EE2F-3CE3-4EE8-B89F-082DDC3B46F3.jpegA68FF761-325C-4F0B-8A65-C5DF333FE288.jpeg59A092D9-7417-4683-934A-20BF58D173D1.jpeg

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Mostly Commons here In central California with some of the smaller oval ones, I think Crucians and a few goldfish.

Thats a giant Kindo- nice! We have a lot of them in the Delta region that average about 10 to 15 pounds. My PB is 26 pounds. My goal this year is to shoot a 30 pounder.

I mostly shoot during the day but where are you really get those big ones is at night

Stalker69

WKR
I’ve switched from shooting them with my bow, to “ hunting” them with my fly rod, them suckers are smarter then I would have ever thought.

What's everyone's recipe?

In Manitoba the sucker run is on now, millions apon millions are swimming in field, rivers, ditches in past years. You can fill a truck box in 1/2 hour with stucco dip nets. I make sucker cakes and add some stuff and fry them

R-K

FNG
What's everyone's recipe?

In Manitoba the sucker run is on now, millions apon millions are swimming in field, rivers, ditches in past years. You can fill a truck box in 1/2 hour with stucco dip nets. I make sucker cakes and add some stuff and fry them
For redhorse- scale, fillet w/ skin on (remove the ribs), then score the fillets 1/8-1/4" apart down to the skin (but not through it). Bread them up with some cornmeal-based breading (like Andy's) and deep fry hot & fast, making sure to get breading into each of the scoring cuts- this keeps the cut open to the hot oil, which then softens the bones to nothing. I like cutting the fillets into 3-4 pieces so they cook more evenly. You can do the same thing with buffalo, but you absolutely have to bleed them first. I don't really eat carp.

I may have lived in the Ozarks for a little too long.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I spent my youth shooting them, now I fly fish for them. I'd rather fly fish for carp then any other fish.

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

cjdewese

WKR

Tilzbow

WKR
For fly fishing I’ve used a 6 weight, floating line and a size 12 olive wooly bugger with success. Any medium nymph pattern should work. The key is detect the strike and although I haven’t tried strike indicator that might help.