It’s cooling off in the mtns!

opener is Sat, heading up tomorrow. Already set up base camp. No cams this year from work and new law in Utah. By the time I could set one it was too close to the opener to make it worth it. I know where all the bulls are but I need a spike or cow for my tag. So I am abondoning my known areas to venture to a new one relying on hunter pressure to move a good herd my way. Plan B is also a new never hunted spot, but I recall seeing elk there each year.

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if Western Montana has cooled off any, I'm still seeing 90's during the day when I check the weather. Been feeling like fall weather here in Pa with cooler temps
Dunno what elevation you are talking about in Western Montana but I live about 20 miles due west of the border and down here at 2k feet it is still hot, unseasonably so. Ten day forecast shows cooling off, looking forward to getting out at'em!

Slugz

WKR
I was hoping this camera would show some hard horns this morning.

Im doing my last regular trail cam check in a week. That should tell me when they rubbed
Started last week in NW Colorado

nobody

WKR
Saw another rubbed bull last night in Central Utah, a raghorn, along with 7 other elk that were too far (2500 yards plus) at too late (almost 9 PM) to be able to make out antlers, but it was still fun none the less! Things are starting to cool off, fall is here gentlemen.

T28w

WKR
Y’all are full of it. Come on to Alabama and let’s talk about fall. Fall starts about Christmas. Summer starts about end of March. I’m ready to feel a cool crisp 65 degree morning 😂

In all seriousness, It’s been overcast and rainy here for a while with temps in the upper 80’s which is better than normal for this time of year.

Btaylor

WKR
Y’all are full of it. Come on to Alabama and let’s talk about fall. Fall starts about Christmas. Summer starts about end of March. I’m ready to feel a cool crisp 65 degree morning 😂

In all seriousness, It’s been overcast and rainy here for a while with temps in the upper 80’s which is better than normal for this time of year.
Finally getting a little break from the heat here too. It was 104 actual Monday but has been fairly nice since Wed with some rain and cooler temps.

Wags

WKR
It was 45 or so this morning on my drive to work in Craig. Loving these cooler temps.

I'm envious... my place is just North of Craig. I'd much rather be there than here in this 103 degree heat. I coach football and at last weeks game it was over 120 on the turf. Tomorrow looks to be the same at kickoff. I can't wait until the late October games.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's been a hot summer, but a few weeks ago we had a one day cool down where highs were in the 60's. When I got up I was thinking that a break from the heat would be nice. But by noon I was ready for summer again.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Did a quick surf fishing trip yesterday. Stingrays were everywhere, afraid I
was going to step on one.
And a dang jelly fish ended up wrapping around my ankle!!! ARRGGH!!!
Bring on the Cool Weather!!!

Phaseolus

WKR
1.89” of rain yesterday on Grand Mesa. We’ve been swimming in it for a month.

Last edited:

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
I live just north of Tulsa, it's been over 100 degrees most of the last two months with lows in the 70s and 80s . 37 sounds so awesome it's not even funny !