It's game on again!

Snyd

WKR
After sheep hunting for 12 years I took last year off to spend time with the wifey. The year before I killed a nice broomer. This year it's game on again! My partner is first up. I'm sure looking forward to gettin back in the sheep mtns. I'll be 58 this August and I had knee surgery 7 weeks ago. Nothin too major, just meniscus. I had the other one done about 13 years ago. After that I ran a couple times and could "feel" it. I decided to quit running and wear my knees out downhill skiing and sheep hunting. Well, the plan is working! :D

Ditched my crappy old tripod and got a Sirui T-025X a couple days ago. Man it sure is a nice step up.

Getting back to sheep shape. I've been cycling and even squattin, started hiking last week to. It feels good to be back!

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you're getting back to doing what you love.

I had my right knee cleaned-up about 1.5 years ago and my left last August. I'm lifting again and hiking, so both are doing well.

I ran prior to surgery as well, my orthopedic surgeon told me no more running; swim, elliptical, walking/hiking and in that order. Told me if I followed his orders, I'd probably never have to see him again, i.e., knee replacement.

VernAK

WKR
Keep at it Snyd!

All sheep hunting needn't be the Bataan Death March.
Often one can spend 10 days in sheep country and get shooting opportunity without covering endless miles.
But the right tag sure helps.

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
Great to hear Snyd! I could tell it was killing you to not be out there last year. What head are you going to run on the new tripod?

OP
Snyd

Snyd

WKR
Keep at it Snyd!

All sheep hunting needn't be the Bataan Death March.
Often one can spend 10 days in sheep country and get shooting opportunity without covering endless miles.
But the right tag sure helps.

I hear ya. I'll be trying to get one with my pistol this year if opportunity presents itself. I tried a few years back but no-go. But, first order of business is to get my partner on a ram.

KClark

WKR
Awesome Snyd! Nice to hear you're still fighting the good fight and best wishes on a fun and successful season.

And remember us after it's over, pics or it didn't happen. ;)