Its happening again in California

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I agree. I have to think public pressure played a role. Why else end the order 2 days early?
The conditions called for it and yea I am sure they've felt some pressure. I'd love to think they are considering deer hunter feelings but that might be a stretch lol.

MattB

WKR
The conditions called for it and yea I am sure they've felt some pressure. I'd love to think they are considering deer hunter feelings but that might be a stretch lol.
Yep, they are talking rain in the northern part of the state.

On the forest closures, my understanding is the 2 that remained open in CA were not in region 5 so were under different jurisdictions. The closures are in region 5 but Humboldt-Toiyabe is in region 4 and the Rougue River - Siskiyou is in region 6.

TheGDog

WKR
It’s completely ****** - and that’s kind of my point. It’s like they are erasing a year or two of opportunity, in the name of your own safety. There is no good way to get this done. I really hope they figure out something, maybe a Pitman act for outdoor gear that is not for hunting? Use that to fund fuel clean up and better manage what’s left. This is a problem that was created over decades and it is going to be decades before it is fixed.
^^THIS!!! And make it for all the crap at an REI where most the yuppies go fetch their hiking crap.

TheGDog

WKR
Or.. maybe we'll somehow find a bunch of brutally "poached" incumbent politicians this year? Sigh... a guy can dream can't he?

Azone

WKR
Not mad at least a few more 2 yr old forkies and does will be spared from Ventana!
It would be kind of nice to actually get to hunt the older age class bucks this year, the late dates and all. I definitely do agree though, the babies will get wiped out by the roadies and the amateurs.

cjdewese

WKR
GL to anyone that finally gets to start their hunting tomorrow.

Thank god they opened earlier than last year. Gotta find some sort of silver lining I guess.

OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
Well thought I would insert some positivity to this thread of negativity that I started.

When the forest reopened I pulled an Azone buck off a “yoga” trail. Last day of the season.
Felt pretty good to be passing a bunch of hippies who had no idea it was hunting season or that it was even legal in that spot. hahaha.
My Second tag was also affected by fires in the Sierras. But I was still able to hunt and even pass on a couple bucks.
Hope all you CA guys where able to hunt as well.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• D0007A99-5D9D-40BE-B5EE-1B1FBDD7C6EE.jpeg
    D0007A99-5D9D-40BE-B5EE-1B1FBDD7C6EE.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Well thought I would insert some positivity to this thread of negativity that I started.

When the forest reopened I pulled an Azone buck off a “yoga” trail 3 miles from my house. Last day of the season.
Felt pretty good to be passing a bunch of hippies who had no idea it was hunting season or that it was even legal in that spot. hahaha.
My Second tag was also affected by fires in the Sierras. But I was still able to hunt and even pass on a couple bucks.
Hope all you CA guys where able to hunt as well.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Dammit man, you just made my heart drop, I read the beginning of the op before looking at the date. I have a ma1 tag that starts Saturday. It’s Los padres NF only. Been planning a 4 day backpack trip for some time now and chomping at the bit to start hiking Friday morning. Way to mess with my emotions! 😂

OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
Dammit man, you just made my heart drop, I read the beginning of the op before looking at the date. I have a ma1 tag that starts Saturday. It’s Los padres NF only. Been planning a 4 day backpack trip for some time now and chomping at the bit to start hiking Friday morning. Way to mess with my emotions! 😂
Oh dang! Sorry man. Hahaha.
Yeah I had second thoughts about posting on an old thread. But my seasons over and I’m using Rokslide to cure my post show blues.
Good luck brother, I’m jealous.

Oh dang! Sorry man. Hahaha.
Yeah I had second thoughts about posting on an old thread. But my seasons over and I’m using Rokslide to cure my post show blues.
Good luck brother, I’m jealous.
No problem I got a good laugh once I figured it out. Congrats on a heck of a buck, hopefully I see something like that this weekend!