It's happening again!

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
My company's commercial meeting got canceled, now our first trade show got canceled. All due to COVID spikes. Be prepared, and lets hope things get better fast.

pcmem

FNG
Same here, big spikes and more shutdown activities.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
E

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
While I am frustrated with not being able to interact with customers, I'm more concerned with what's going to happen with schools. Not sure if it is the same around the country but if you try to look up school ratings, at least here in Texas, they have a label of Not Rated for 2020-2021, declared state of disaster. We tried the Virtual thing and it sucked. We are not prepared. At this point it almost makes more sense to go the home school route. Just sucks for the kids, they shouldn't have to grow up with this.

ODB

WKR
This weeks numbers for our school district with no mask mandate is 21 positive cases. The other School district with a mask mandate has 72 cases. Hmmm...

Bunch of chickens littles the sky is falling.

Our school district had a handful of cases, but my kid said a ton of kids were out.

People are simply not reporting or in many cases, testing.

bozeman

WKR
Parents having to raise their own children and teach them....oh the horror. How did civilization progress without the public school systems?

Now seriously- yes, with the flight cancellations and supply chain backlogs, I am concerned that trade shows and other customer focused events will be cancelled or greatly reduced in capacity.

OP
E

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
Parents having to raise their own children and teach them....oh the horror. How did civilization progress without the public school systems?
Exactly. Sadly there are a lot of parents that don't know how to teach their children, some families don't have internet access, in some families both parents work, in that case who watches the kids and makes sure they are attending their virtual classes? For us, homeschooling is looking more and more appealing.

bsnedeker

WKR

Now seriously- yes, with the flight cancellations and supply chain backlogs, I am concerned that trade shows and other customer focused events will be cancelled or greatly reduced in capacity.
I was talking to a couple of firearms-industry guys last night and they both pulled their companies out of SHOT show this year. They said there is no point...bad attendance due to the Rona and they already have more business than they can handle so there is no upside for them at all.

bozeman

WKR
Most families were sustained by one income.
Most families then didnt have 3,000 sq ft homes, multiple vehicles they are spending $1200+/month, all owning $1000 phones and $300/month cell phone bills. All in what you see as a priority. For most people now, its material 'things'........so yes, families can still be sustained by one income, they just choose not to.

CorbLand

WKR
Most families then didnt have 3,000 sq ft homes, multiple vehicles they are spending $1200+/month, all owning $1000 phones and $300/month cell phone bills. All in what you see as a priority. For most people now, its material 'things'........so yes, families can still be sustained by one income, they just choose not to.
I understand what you are saying and agree with you to an extent but the discrepancy between costs and wages is real.

You also have to adjust things to current standards. I would love to see a working man with a family make it in this world with one vehicle and no cell phone. There is no way my wife and I could make it on one income with kids and I am upper middle class for the area we live in. I also have none of what you have listed.

Last edited:

Mtnboy

WKR
Easier to do in Alabama than a lot of other places.