It's happening again!

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
Parents having to raise their own children and teach them....oh the horror. How did civilization progress without the public school systems?

Now seriously- yes, with the flight cancellations and supply chain backlogs, I am concerned that trade shows and other customer focused events will be cancelled or greatly reduced in capacity.
There are children spread far and wide in this country that wouldn't get to eat every day if it weren't for the public school system.
These people don't feed their kids. Do you think they care about educating them.
First hand knowledge here....a lot of kids grow up in really terrible situations. They need to be in school, even if they don't realize it.

Sent from my N1374DL using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My wife is a public school teacher, you really don't want parents teaching their own kids. Think of how dumb the average American is, there's at least 150 million potential parents stupider than that.

Also known as “more stupid”….

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
To be fair let me pay you $35k a year to teach 31 kids from a varying level of broken homes, more than half a couple grade levels behind, some who can't even read, with zero support from the parents, and with absolutely zero disciplinary power. Oh and you have to fund absolutely everything yourself (I put about $5-10k a year into classroom supplies for my wifes students).

Bonus end times points: 1/3 of the parents yell incoherent nonsense about you teaching CRT, which most don't even know what it is and some can't even spell (which makes even less sense because you teach math) and accuse you of being a commie while another 3rd of the parents call you a trump supporting Nazi for not enabling their child's delusions that their actually an asexual gecko that demands to be referred to by the pronoun "hee-haw". Everyone's vaping, and you teach 4th grade.

Only extremely greasy people vape.

Zappaman

WKR
Hot 16 year old blondes from RICH parents were vaping all over the Caribbean this winter when I was down over X-mas. Greasy they were not. Beats smoking though.

Stikbrandon

Lil-Rokslider
Teachers should make 100k to start if they are conservative.

If they liberal, 150k an that’s just to keep them off campus…

Too be fair if it is really as bad as you say it is. Anyone who signs up for that at 35K is crazy.

Just sayin’

Easy tiger. My brother and sister are teachers. I get it, it’s not an easy gig.

I wasn't the one saying it was crazy to do it...

Personally, I think teachers should be paid a 6 figure salary. No such thing anymore as a self taught physician, engineer, or whatever. Problem is, when it's funded publicly, there are only so many dollars that can be distributed, because heaven forbid, we get rid of idiotic social programs and politicians benefits...

KurtR

WKR
Were getting ready for the biggest ice fishing tourney in the country 1500 people will be jammed in the little arena in town here friday and saturday and not one word of shutting it down

To be fair let me pay you $35k a year to teach 31 kids from a varying level of broken homes, more than half a couple grade levels behind, some who can't even read, with zero support from the parents, and with absolutely zero disciplinary power. Oh and you have to fund absolutely everything yourself (I put about $5-10k a year into classroom supplies for my wifes students).

Bonus end times points: 1/3 of the parents yell incoherent nonsense about you teaching CRT, which most don't even know what it is and some can't even spell (which makes even less sense because you teach math) and accuse you of being a commie while another 3rd of the parents call you a trump supporting Nazi for not enabling their child's delusions that their actually an asexual gecko that demands to be referred to by the pronoun "hee-haw". Everyone's vaping, and you teach 4th grade.

I’m not a teacher but I’m on my second term as a school board member. And what you wrote is funny in a bad way because it’s absolutely true.

The state of Kansas put out a report on the state of education in Kansas covering such thing as math, reading, test scores, ACT, etc. To summarize what the report stated there’s been a dramatic loss of education the last two years. The phrases “lowest scores in 25 years” and “lowest scores on record” were repeated multiple times.

260madman

WKR
Were getting ready for the biggest ice fishing tourney in the country 1500 people will be jammed in the little arena in town here friday and saturday and not one word of shutting it down
That’s because you have an awesome governor

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Daughter, two grandkid, three friends all have it. All mild cases. My daughter works for vet. He told her if you feel up to it come in, the entire staff has it. No patients allowed in office, all sign in conducted in parking lot.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a teacher but I’m on my second term as a school board member. And what you wrote is funny in a bad way because it’s absolutely true.

The state of Kansas put out a report on the state of education in Kansas covering such thing as math, reading, test scores, ACT, etc. To summarize what the report stated there’s been a dramatic loss of education the last two years. The phrases “lowest scores in 25 years” and “lowest scores on record” were repeated multiple times.
Well, if teachers taught math, reading, English, writing, etc. instead of social programming, the country would be much better off for it. So much time has been spent on provable failed social experiments that it’s not funny. The proof of what I just stated is right in the pudding we are now eating. Low test scores and chaos in the teaching industry.