IT'S HERE! (Bikini+DT2) - and I have questions...

Nordic

FNG
Ok, so now I have "unboxed" my new Kifaru Bikini + DT2.
I also got a Grab-It, lash kits, XTL lid, 2 medium and 1 small pockets.

First impression is that the quality is beyond all other backpacks I have, have used or seen.
I have just tried it empty on me so far and it's light. I'm going to put some stuff in it to see how it really fells with some weight in it in a while.

So to the questions.
I have attached the 2 medium pockets on the bottom sides of the pack and the small on the belt.
The question: Are both (there are 2 on all attachment points, 1 small & 1 large) the metal three bar sliders supposed to go through the slots in the webbing? In some places I can get both through but in others I can only get the small one through.

Question 2:
Are the bag only attached to the frame at the top and with side compression straps and not at all at the bottom? It's only the 2 webbing straps from the waistbelt that holds the bag at the bottom. It seems really odd... It's only "hanging" from the top and completely loose the rest of the way. I can't figure out how I could fix it either.

I hope you understand my questions.
If anyone have an image on how the bottom of the bag is attached to the frame that would be nice.

OP
N

Nordic

FNG
Thank you for the images!
But I only have 2 loops and nothing to attach them together with. What are you using?

OP
N

Nordic

FNG
Ok, thanks for the link.
I didn't get any quick clips, so I will email Kifaru about it. The meat shelf was back ordered so they have to send me that anyway.
Do you find it sufficient that the bag is only attached to the top and bottom of the frame? You don't think that it should be attached somewhere in the middle of the bag too?

Curtis C

WKR
Those quick clips look like a nice addition.
With My DT2 the bottom of the bag was only attached with the straps to the belt. The Highcamp came loose at the bottom also. Once the pack is on and all the straps cinched up the pack will hold in place nicely.

I did notice a couple of 3 bar sliders on the bottom of the HC bag that can attach to the frame.

The dual slider idea is that the pockets will fit 3/4" or 1" web. Just use the small one for small webbing or slide both through for 1" webbing.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok, so now I have "unboxed" my new Kifaru Bikini + DT2.
I also got a Grab-It, lash kits, XTL lid, 2 medium and 1 small pockets.

First impression is that the quality is beyond all other backpacks I have, have used or seen.
I have just tried it empty on me so far and it's light. I'm going to put some stuff in it to see how it really fells with some weight in it in a while.

So to the questions.
I have attached the 2 medium pockets on the bottom sides of the pack and the small on the belt.
The question: Are both (there are 2 on all attachment points, 1 small & 1 large) the metal three bar sliders supposed to go through the slots in the webbing? In some places I can get both through but in others I can only get the small one through.

Question 2:
Are the bag only attached to the frame at the top and with side compression straps and not at all at the bottom? It's only the 2 webbing straps from the waistbelt that holds the bag at the bottom. It seems really odd... It's only "hanging" from the top and completely loose the rest of the way. I can't figure out how I could fix it either.

I hope you understand my questions.
If anyone have an image on how the bottom of the bag is attached to the frame that would be nice.

Call me and I'll explain.

7230-937-1418

Ok, thanks for the link.
I didn't get any quick clips, so I will email Kifaru about it. The meat shelf was back ordered so they have to send me that anyway.
Do you find it sufficient that the bag is only attached to the top and bottom of the frame? You don't think that it should be attached somewhere in the middle of the bag too?

The DT2 is attached over the top portion of the Bikini Frame and lower on the pack. Once you pack and pull the compression straps that attach the bag to the frame it is EXTREMELY secure and stable. I also have a DT2 Bikini and have over a month of use on it. It does not get any better!!

OP
N

Nordic

FNG
Yes it attaches at the top but that's all...
You write that it also attaches lower on the pack. Was it the same as on bitteroot bulls image?
I really don't like that you "have to" use a side compression strap to get the bag close to the frame. One reason is if you loosen the compression strap to get something out of the bag or pocket, the bag also gets loose from the frame. The other reason is if you have something fragile in the bag or side pockets, you don't want to compress to hard.
I can live with those drawbacks (for me), but I really want the bag to be attached firmly at the bottom at least.
Look at the images. Sorry about the quality, but I hope that you see what I mean.
I'm holding the bag at the bottom and you can see the bikini frame and the distance between them. I don't like that.
If you look at the images that's closer to the bag/frame, it feels like something is missing to be able to put them together. It might be that I don't understand how to do it...

20130412_MG_1644.jpg

20130412_MG_1645.jpg

20130412_MG_1646.jpg

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes it attaches at the top but that's all...
You write that it also attaches lower on the pack. Was it the same as on bitteroot bulls image?
I really don't like that you "have to" use a side compression strap to get the bag close to the frame. One reason is if you loosen the compression strap to get something out of the bag or pocket, the bag also gets loose from the frame. The other reason is if you have something fragile in the bag or side pockets, you don't want to compress to hard.
I can live with those drawbacks (for me), but I really want the bag to be attached firmly at the bottom at least.
Look at the images. Sorry about the quality, but I hope that you see what I mean.
I'm holding the bag at the bottom and you can see the bikini frame and the distance between them. I don't like that.
If you look at the images that's closer to the bag/frame, it feels like something is missing to be able to put them together. It might be that I don't understand how to do it...
View attachment 7244
View attachment 7245
View attachment 7246

Again, call me and I'll explain.