It's morel season

about the only thing I miss from the frozen northland. trips to the upper lower in Mich bring back some memories. Even found a good many in the Chicagoland area while working on the RR Damn things can pop in some really odd places. Seemed to like the old style ballast that came from the local steel mills.

Murdy

WKR
They're going that far north already? Have only been out once, reports around here (northern Ill) are sporadic, but some being found. Supposed to rain around here the next few days, which should help. Good Luck

Tsnider

WKR
im hoping to find some in colorado this year but theyre sure rare to see where im usually going. found 1 once, at about 9500 feet.

chantrelles during archery season on the other hand. i usually come out with about 15 pounds of them.

They're going that far north already? Have only been out once, reports around here (northern Ill) are sporadic, but some being found. Supposed to rain around here the next few days, which should help. Good Luck

Door county always has morels before the southern part of Wisconsin.
We are still a week out at least. But I am getting excited.

OP
Fishhead

Fishhead

FNG
I found about 20 to 25 greys yesterday in the green bay area. They were all in one spot on a nice south facing slope. They were all pretty small though. I let them be to see if they grow a little.

Jtay561

FNG
Got the first couple pounds of the season this afternoon. Looks like it should be a good season for up here in N Idaho this year

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
The last two weekends I found 50 or 60 in South Central Nebraska. In typical spots you'd expect to see them. The base of downed cottonwood trees seem to be good spots.

wildcat33

WKR
They are just starting to show up here in the Front Range. I checked my usual spots a few weeks ago and nothing yet, but they will be there soon.

OP
Fishhead

Fishhead

FNG
My favorite way to cook them is slice, coat in flour, and fry in butter. I usually like alittle crunch to them. And dont forget the salt. They are like candy... It's tough keeping the kidos out of them before i can get some.

gwl79902

WKR
I got about a gallon while turkey hunting. Dehydrating half for meals this winter. Going to cook some up with a elk roast tomorrow. 3380 feet on a old clear cut south est slope. I tend to find them in skid trails. Not sure why thats is, anyone else see that as well?