It’s National 6.5 Creedmoor Day

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I use several calibers and cartridges, I currently don't use a CM, in the 6.5 cal. I have a .264WM and I am trying to decide on a lighter wt. 6.5, I think the CM may fall a little short on my performance goal, really looking at a 6.5x284 or PRC most likely. My Wife's main Deer/Hog rifle is a 6.5x55, she has a RAR Pred. in 6.5CM as a backup, usually taken in crappy, rainy weather. I don't have a dog in this hunt, only responding because this stuff is really a head scratcher for me.
No doubt the Cartridge was Marketed and oversold by Hornady and gun writers to be sure and the hype has been there and still is to some degree but this stuff has been going on for 10 years +. I thought much of these "manbun" type responses were pretty funny for a few years but really, are these supposed to still be funny.
I love good humor and real comedy, I don't want to offend anyone, just surprised this is still going on.

To me, I just look at the performance of a round with the available bullets and either they meet my needs or they don't. It's a good round within the applications it was designed for, too bad it was overhyped!!

I use several calibers and cartridges, I currently don't use a CM, in the 6.5 cal. I have a .264WM and I am trying to decide on a lighter wt. 6.5, I think the CM may fall a little short on my performance goal, really looking at a 6.5x284 or PRC most likely. My Wife's main Deer/Hog rifle is a 6.5x55, she has a RAR Pred. in 6.5CM as a backup, usually taken in crappy, rainy weather. I don't have a dog in this hunt, only responding because this stuff is really a head scratcher for me.
No doubt the Cartridge was Marketed and oversold by Hornady and gun writers to be sure and the hype has been there and still is to some degree but this stuff has been going on for 10 years +. I thought much of these "manbun" type responses were pretty funny for a few years but really, are these supposed to still be funny.
I love good humor and real comedy, I don't want to offend anyone, just surprised this is still going on.

To me, I just look at the performance of a round with the available bullets and either they meet my needs or they don't. It's a good round within the applications it was designed for, too bad it was overhyped!!

I guess some jokes just keep giving and live forever.

In truth the joke isn't on the caliber, it's on Ryan Avery.

Robby has put a lot of effort into a payback, I don't know if he has gotten there yet, but he is chipping away at it.

Any barrel with the right twist to handle extreme high BC bullets will perform.

That was the only thing the CM brought to the table on a large scale marketing and availability standpoint.

I guess some jokes just keep giving and live forever.

In truth the joke isn't on the caliber, it's on Ryan Avery.

Robby has put a lot of effort into a payback, I don't know if he has gotten there yet, but he is chipping away at it.

Considering people still talk shit about 270s and they’ve been around since 1925!

Considering people still talk shit about 270s and they’ve been around since 1925!

Honestly I don't like a 270.

It kicks like an '06 and hits like a 25.

But given a time when rangefinders weren't prevalent it definitely had it's place.

Knowing a pretty well exact distance has really changed shooting. Use to be the 264 win mag was king, or 257 bob, even 22-250. They made range estimation easy.

Been wondering if rangefinders will put weatherby out of business......

Fatcamp

WKR

This is all about the backstory, broseph.

Honestly I don't like a 270.

It kicks like an '06 and hits like a 25.

But given a time when rangefinders weren't prevalent it definitely had it's place.

Knowing a pretty well exact distance has really changed shooting. Use to be the 264 win mag was king, or 257 bob, even 22-250. They made range estimation easy.

Been wondering if rangefinders will put weatherby out of business......
If the cycle holds true, we will go into another magnum era before too long. It goes in waves.

If the cycle holds true, we will go into another magnum era before too long. It goes in waves.

I think rangefinders have just really changed the game. Range estimation use to be a skill, or almost an art.

All that is lost now. Dial and hold.

Wind calls, tho, that's a real skill.
One I certainly haven't mastered.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Says the guy who ain't happy with a 25/06 and needs to go to a 25 tomahawk missile something......

Texas.
They won't ever leave anything alone.

Yea yea. Yall just wait. The resurgance of quater bores in coming. Got 3 boxes of 135 grain bergers on Order backorder. Whatever that means these days.

Yea yea. Yall just wait. The resurgance of quater bores in coming. Got 3 boxes of 135 grain bergers on Order backorder. Whatever that means these days.
It means they are waiting on the "Resurgence".....

Even the shooting world has gone metric.

Shooting is all about dime sized groups (that's metric system)

Nobody cares about covering a group with a quarter no more.

Oh where oh where, can my Avery be?
The Creedmoor took him away from me.
He's gone to shootin', cause he's got to be good.
So he can and his Creedmoor can shoot to the end of this world.

He and Tanya were out on a date in the Polaris Ranger.
They hadn't driven very far.
There in the road, straight ahead.
A bull was standing, Ryan said I'll make him dead.

He couldn't miss, so Tanya locked it in park.
I'll never forget the sound that night.
The screaming tires, the busting glass.
Ryan forgot his barrel was long....

That bull....
Walked off.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh where oh where, can my Avery be?
The Creedmoor took him away from me.
He's gone to shootin', cause he's got to be good.
So he can and his Creedmoor can shoot to the end of this world.

He and Tanya were out on a date in the Polaris Ranger.
They hadn't driven very far.
There in the road, straight ahead.
A bull was standing, Ryan said I'll make him dead.

He couldn't miss, so Tanya locked it in park.
I'll never forget the sound that night.
The screaming tires, the busting glass.
Ryan forgot his barrel was long....

That bull....
Walked off.

Epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Revenge is best served cold. It it will be epic!

But I did go to a class this weekend and we all shot 6.5 CMs

88D2B19A-70D8-4945-94D0-EE01067D9081.jpeg

Last edited:

260madman

WKR
According to Avery’s meme there should be dildos in those bags on the mats. I’m not gonna ask though with it being pride month and all.