Its time - FINAL 2013 GEAR LIST!!

armyjoe

Super Moderator
All right guys the time has finally come and hunting season is upon us next week. So, with a full summer of scouting and gear decisions it’s time to post the FINAL – 2013 GEAR LIST. I know we have had these posts before but lists change daily around here haha

I’ve made a few changes this year….. Well actually I did a full overhaul of my gear list. Haha
Here is what I have finally decided on for my 2013 season.

Hoyt Vector Turbo (Spott Hogg Hogg It, Limb Saver Rest, Tight Spot)
Gold Tip Big Game 100’s
Ulmer Edge 100gr

Kifaru BT1 Highlander (Long Hunter Lid - 2 medium - 1 small pouches)
Super tarp (seam sealed)
MSR Ground Hog Stakes
ID Nestor Bivy
Kifaru 20* Slick
XLite Pad
Exped UL Pillow
Leki Corklite Poles
MSR (2L full and 6L empty) Dromedary bladders
MSR Purification Tabs
Aquamira Drops
Petzl Myo RXP Headlamp
Petzl e+LITE Headlamp – backup 1oz
Nikon Archers Choice Range finder
Leica d-lux 6 Camera
Delorme inReach SE
Jetboil Sol
Rokslide Kill Kit (with the new TAG BOMB Bags)
Benchmade – Lone Wolf Knife
Small Hygiene Kit (travel toothbrush and paste, ball powder, eye drops, wipes)
Small First Aid/Survival Kit (duct tape, Dermabond, pain pills, moleskin, trioxane, small bic)
Phelps - All Star Call, Mellow Yellow
Bully Bull Grunt Tube or Pack “A” Bull

Meopta Meostar HD 10x42
Rick Young Harness
Vortex Razor HD 65mm Spotter
3 lens cleaning wipes
Slik 634 Carbon Tripod
Vanguard V111 head

Kryptek Clothing Line (the whole line. Weather dependent on what I will use)
Scarpa Kinesis pro gtx boots
Spenco Total Support Insole
Darn Tough Socks
Exofficio Boxers
OR Gloves – light and heavy weight
Rokslide Ball cap Highlander
Shemagh

I think this is pretty close but I’m sure I forgot something ;) . Well it will be interesting to see what everyone decided throughout the summer of scouting.

littlebuf

Banned
why the two types of water purification? they both do the same thing. I am actually using a filter for the first time ever this year just to try it out and bringing aquamira for back up if it fails. but all ive ever brought in the past is aquamira, no real need to back it up with the same type product

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I actually put that on there because depending on where I am I will bring one or both. The MSR tabs work fast to kill everything and the Aqua helps with the taste. Still easy and light. Not always the way to go but still way lighter then my katadyn hiker pro. 10 MSR tabs weigh almost .03 oz so its nothing at all really.

littlebuf

Banned
oh I agree your paying no weight penalty for carrying both I was just curious of the reason. im trying out the sawyer squeeze filter this year and like I said backing it up with the aquamira that I know is proven. with the filter at 3oz I think its about as much as the aquamira so carrying both is no big deal. list looks good, just about time to get after it too. love this time of year

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I was really going back and forth on the squeeze filter but didn't end up buying it. Please let us know how it works out. I've heard good and bad about it. Yea this time of year is the best. The wife isn't fond of me being gone for weeks on end but its what I live for and she gets it.

littlebuf

Banned
My wife says she's a hunting widow. I'll do a full right up on the filter after elk season

tstowater

WKR
Nice list. A couple small questions: release? food? any camp shoes? rough idea of weight?

I have a couple pairs of the first lite boxer briefs but tried out the Adidas climalite underwear on my last hiking trip and liked them much better. I was going to try the exoffico but already had the Adidas for workouts so I thought I would try them before buying new stuff. I've been using the sawyer inline and am undecided about it. I used it a dozen times last year and this year when I went to use it, it was super slow. I had to soak it in vinigar for over 30 min to get it to run again, still seams slower than when it was new

shaun

WKR
Looks pretty damn close to mine few minor differences but very few I am leaving sat night after my buddy's wedding driving through night and should be hitting TH by sun afternoon

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Nice list. A couple small questions: release? food? any camp shoes? rough idea of weight?

Haha forgot those. Food is food so didn't add. Nothing changed on that.
Release - carter quickie
Shoes - UL New Balance

Weight - no idea. Isn't heavy though :D

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I have a couple pairs of the first lite boxer briefs but tried out the Adidas climalite underwear on my last hiking trip and liked them much better. I was going to try the exoffico but already had the Adidas for workouts so I thought I would try them before buying new stuff. I've been using the sawyer inline and am undecided about it. I used it a dozen times last year and this year when I went to use it, it was super slow. I had to soak it in vinigar for over 30 min to get it to run again, still seams slower than when it was new

I have first lite too but the exoffico seem way better. Won't go back that's for sure

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Exofficio are also my first choice also.

I tried a pair of the Smartwool boxers last year and they didn't hold up at all compared to the Exo's.