Ivashack River float

I got invited on a fly in, float out caribou hunt on the Ivashack River, next August. It's DIY other than the flight in. Everything I've read points to lots of boat traffic and lots of hunting pressure. Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bmrfish

WKR
Have not done this exact hunt but hunted near there a few years back. Fishing for grayling is very good. Arctic char can be good as well. Caribou are where you find them so it can be anywhere from great to not depending. Should be a great trip though. Ours was my favorite hunt of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nontyp

FNG
We did a drop hunt there last year by boat. We were 5 out of 7 guys from one camp. We should have been 6 for 7 and the last guy was not able to hunt very far from camp. If we don’t draw elk tags next year we are thinking of floating the river also. The group of guys that came out as we were going in was 4 for 4 with all good bulls. The caribou were just starting to move good as we were leaving with a large cold front. We were there the 28th-the 6th.
The guys we talked to said 2 weeks prior there were caribou everywhere the caribou are where they are. Bring a pole also