I've been censored.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Figured some of you would get a kick out of this. So I recently bought a brand new enclosed trailer to haul my sled and gear out west to our place in MT. Have a huge garage there, figured I'd sell the trailer. I have grown frustrated with craigslist as its full of scammers. So, after a lifetime of NEVER having face book, at the prodding of friends who swear by the marketplace feature for selling, I sign up.

I made it 22 hours and was banned....

Being I was new to it all, I had a heck of a time listing the trailer. Had to do an edit or 2 to the ad, and every time it went "under review". No big deal, I'd hope they keep scammers out. Well, after numerous "craiglistish" low ball offers, I updated the listing to say I will not respond to either "Is it still available" or any low ball, ridiculous offer.

I then log in to check for messages and see a lockout screen explaining my account was "disabled for not adhering to community standards"!!!!! Then, it says I can ask permission for a review, but have to provide a full face photo that is not blurred in any way. WTF?!

I now see why people raise hell over decent Americans that have a solid viewpoint are banned, yet KNOWN terrorists and terrorist organizations post freely.

I've always hated face book and all the main social media/life destroying parasite companies, (and always called it by another name that I can't put on here) but now its personal. Just needed to vent....

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
So there is no confusion-I ONLY posted the ad. Did not have/make/find friends or post anything to the regular page. Unreal.

I don’t miss seeing what everyone is eating everyday, the politics, or the pity parties that people try to suck you into. The marketplace used to be good before all of the Chinese vendors got on there. It’s been refreshing not having Facebook for over a year. Plus Rokslide provides enough of the political drama that I could ever ask for!

Broomd

WKR
Full disclosure, wife and I are on FB for occasional family stuff--we live a long way from everyone-- but overall the place and its 'fact checkers' are right out of the East German Stasi.
Frankly I'd like to methodically beat the sh t outta Zuckerberg over about ten hours.

Those Marxist creeps were hugely instrumental in facillitating the nationwide misery we have right now with the First Perv in office. Zuck spent HALF A BILLION FOR BIDEN TO BE ELECTED.

Think about that!!

Last edited:

Mtnboy

WKR
Sounds like you got banned because you created a brand new account and then immediately placed an Ad for a high priced item. That probably raised a red flag of whether you/the ad were legit.

Kinda like how you have to have so many posts to Sell in the Classifieds here, the ol' Facebook probably just wanted to make sure you were legit.

But hey...ya'll can feel free to dust off the tin foil and go conspiracy theory if you want.....

*Disclaimer, I don't love Facebook or most of the decisions they make, I just wanted to point out what seems to be a pretty obvious reason for them locking OPs account. Bash away if you feel the need.*

I just read they were deleting all their facial recognition images, I immediately thought BS.

I think the Eagles wrote a song about facebook, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave. I’ve never had facebook but I hear its a task to delete an account

I just read they were deleting all their facial recognition images, I immediately thought BS.

I think the Eagles wrote a song about facebook, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave. I’ve never had facebook but I hear its a task to delete an account

Kind of. You have to deactivate it and then not log back in for like 6 months and then it's "permanently" deleted. I had one in college and deleted it and that's how it went.

Then had too many beers with a couple of friends one night and they made me a new one. No clue if that still exists or not. I don't care. Never going back!

All those tech A-holes can eat a bag of #$!ks. Bezos, Zucker, musk,... I'm sure there's others but I don't know their names.

At least Bill and Melinda Gates spend a considerable amount of their money on trying to improve the world, like clean water access etc

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I've never had facebook and never will. Marketplace is the only temptation, but I have resisted, there are still other avenues for buying selling, all of them have scammers and low ballers, its part of our society.

By the way I saw your add in the classifieds this morning, nice trailer. What's the lowest you will go? any trades? will you accept 3k and a homemade chicken coop?

mmw194287

WKR
Sounds like you got banned because you created a brand new account and then immediately placed an Ad for a high priced item. That probably raised a red flag of whether you/the ad were legit.

Kinda like how you have to have so many posts to Sell in the Classifieds here, the ol' Facebook probably just wanted to make sure you were legit.

But hey...ya'll can feel free to dust off the tin foil and go conspiracy theory if you want.....

*Disclaimer, I don't love Facebook or most of the decisions they make, I just wanted to point out what seems to be a pretty obvious reason for them locking OPs account. Bash away if you feel the need.*
This from 2017:
1636130245166.png
New account selling a high-priced item triggered an automated response to determine whether it was a real person behind the account.

Laramie

WKR
I have to use it for work- scammers galore. It is a very real problem they are up against.

Fatcamp

WKR
I just bought an 1848 Lowe jon boat off FBM, probably get an engine there too.

When selling decoys I have to advertise them as lawn ornaments or they get banned from Furry complaints. Stupid.

You just edited a high dollar item too many times on a brand new account.

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
I use my wife’s account to sell things once in a while, but I haven’t had an account in about 6 years.

They wouldn’t let me list an archery sight because they said it was a weapon. I put it in for review and still denied.

Lowg08

WKR
Deleting a Facebook account isn’t hard. I think i deleted mine in 2011. Beat decision ever. No social media outside of some hunting forums. Just depends on how much drama I’m in the mood for on which one I pick

Beendare

WKR
Over the years, Freedoms slowly being taken away by those that know whats best for us.

I wonder what the 55 men that signed the Declaration of Independence would say about that?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes….”

This ^ goes for monopolistic corporations like Facebook and Google too, right?

FLATHEAD

WKR
Why ANYBODY has a Pride/Gossip/book account is beyond my understanding.
Esp., after all that has been witnessed in the last few years.
Is the addiction worth putting up with the censorship?

Last edited: