I've been censored.

Fatcamp

WKR
I have an account because my floor at work uses it to communicate and show off baby pictures. I never, and I mean never have anything to do with politics, religion, gayness, straightness, or anything else that would cause me stress.

Life just doesn't have to be that hard.

I shared a link to a medical study from British researchers about the side effects from the covid vaccine in youth.

All I wrote was "Something for parents to consider."

Banned.

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
As far as the trailer, I listed it on Craigslist Kalispell after being banned from FB. In 30 mins I had several legit inquires and the first guy bought it hours later. By then, 7 more serious offers came in.

That was my first and last experience on FB. F them! Guess the Craigslist scammers haven’t made it to MT yet-glad I’m in a good area with good people.

Yarak

WKR
Never been on FB and dont have any plans to
There are many good forums to sell stuff on and youll always have to deal with scammers and lowballers and the like

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
So there is no confusion-I ONLY posted the ad. Did not have/make/find friends or post anything to the regular page. Unreal.
I deleted my Facebook over 5 years ago and despise the company. However, I have to point out that even on Rokslide a new account posting a high dollar item for sale would be suspect. In Facebook terms, having no "friends" makes an account look like a scam.

I would not call it censored in this case, rather wrongly identified as a scammer.

Anyway, consider yourself blessed not to be tied to a company that knowingly traffickes in human suffering to help their bottom line.

I've always had bad luck on Craigslist. The inlaws have a lot of luck on Facebook (as garbage of a platform as it is) for what it's worth.

Moserkr

WKR
Fakebook is garbage and Im glad I got banned years ago. However, since I was banned, I cant login to delete my account. So they keep me on there…. A ghost of fakebook. Between people like me and all the fake accounts, not sure there is as many people on it as they claim. The younger generations think its for old people now lol. I do miss marketplace though cause I used that a lot and it worked well.

Figured some of you would get a kick out of this. So I recently bought a brand new enclosed trailer to haul my sled and gear out west to our place in MT. Have a huge garage there, figured I'd sell the trailer. I have grown frustrated with craigslist as its full of scammers. So, after a lifetime of NEVER having face book, at the prodding of friends who swear by the marketplace feature for selling, I sign up.

I made it 22 hours and was banned....

Being I was new to it all, I had a heck of a time listing the trailer. Had to do an edit or 2 to the ad, and every time it went "under review". No big deal, I'd hope they keep scammers out. Well, after numerous "craiglistish" low ball offers, I updated the listing to say I will not respond to either "Is it still available" or any low ball, ridiculous offer.

I then log in to check for messages and see a lockout screen explaining my account was "disabled for not adhering to community standards"!!!!! Then, it says I can ask permission for a review, but have to provide a full face photo that is not blurred in any way. WTF?!

I now see why people raise hell over decent Americans that have a solid viewpoint are banned, yet KNOWN terrorists and terrorist organizations post freely.

I've always hated face book and all the main social media/life destroying parasite companies, (and always called it by another name that I can't put on here) but now its personal. Just needed to vent....
I have never had any issues with censorship on Facebook… or ever made a Facebook account, haha… there seems to be a pretty powerful correlation there😉

Your post doesn’t make it tempting to start an account now… I understand how useful it is for certain small businesses, and some you almost need it to compete, but until that’s my scenario, I have zero interest in any of that… I’m a little curious about truth social, but I don’t think it would improve my life in any way…

I've always had bad luck on Craigslist. The inlaws have a lot of luck on Facebook (as garbage of a platform as it is) for what it's worth.
Craigslist does suck, I just don’t like selling stuff, but the scammers are around both, and my goal is to offend every one of them that reply to my adds, and it’s not difficult, they are generally very dumb

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
I get your frustration and feel like I deal with it daily as well. It's only gonna get worse too unfortunately

hunt1up

WKR
I hate Facebook but use marketplace all the time. It blows Craigslist or ebay out of the water. I actually blocked all my friends on there so all I see when I go there is marketplace. I HATE social media and think it's the worst thing going in society, but I'll openly admit to loving me some marketplace for buying and selling. Just this week I sold an old patio furniture set for $50 and some old boat seats for $100. Very easy and scammer free.

In the case of the OP, you probably had troubles because it was a new account with no information on you being a real person. You could be a scammer or bot or something. It's really akin to Rokslide requiring a certain number of post before selling an item in the classifieds.

Not defending Facebook, but that's prolly the culprit.

Yoder

WKR
This site is the closest I will ever get to facebook. The whole thing just disgusts me. People posting the only pictures they have of them doing something cool to gain popularity and get more "friends". My only temptation with signing up would be to see more pictures of my grandchildren. I don't think my blue haired daughter in law would accept a friend request from a conservative Nazi anyway.

Super tag

WKR
Facebook is anti-American, I wouldn’t ever go on a site like that and support in any way. A huge part of the degradation of society started with Facebook.