I’ve been waiting for a belt like you

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
well, maybe as I haven’t worn it yet...BUT it looks promising

Any of you wearing the First Lite Flex Nylon belt?
a35b37b8d1c1854cef8a555341250ae6.jpg

That’s Dry Earth btw

I used to think “belts are belts“. But I don’t anymore.

Number one, for archery season I want to have a belt that I can wash. I used to wear my leather belts for way too many years, probably spreading scent around the woods like a garbage dump.

I’ve also found that some belts don’t stay where they’re supposed to, either in length or they slide to one side.

I’ll let you know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the looks of it Robby. My main question is if it stays and doesn't slide/loosen throughout the day. I've been using the EB Guide belt which stretches for quite a few years now and if I need a stiffer belt I use the Kuiu (2nd gen). At first I thought the tab end was metal and wasn't going to be to interested but their website looks like plastic or kydex with metal grommets. Curious how that doubles back over itself on the locking/final thread back over itself. Just thinking it through it seems that larger slot to accommodate the end tab will allow slippage but you never know.

Poser

WKR
I have one and it’s become my “daily driver” belt. It’s just stout enough yet just stretchy enough. It does soften up a little with some use but that just makes it more comfortable. It also doesn’t cause any discomfort under my pack hip belt.

sasquatch

WKR
Why havent these premium clothing companies started to put pull tabs built onto the pants???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So it says flex in the name but does it actually have some stretch to it? I have used suspenders for a while now but could use a flex belt like that for other applications

It’s a great belt. I used it sheep hunting this year and also as my everyday belt. It holds really well and also has a fair bit of stretch, though not so much so that a pack can pull it down. I have a 29” waist and the 40” belt is plenty long. I cut about 6” of it off and burnt the end so it wouldn’t fray, which it hasn’t. The plastic end of the belt that it comes with is kind of bulky for my liking anyhow. It could cause pressure under a waist belt. It’s perfect after cutting that off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
Great belt. Like others have said, the stretch is awesome and it stays put. I just don't like the buckle and tab on the end under my pack belt. More of a daily belt for me. Had it 6 months and it performs as new yet with the stretch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I like the looks of it Robby. My main question is if it stays and doesn't slide/loosen throughout the day. I've been using the EB Guide belt which stretches for quite a few years now and if I need a stiffer belt I use the Kuiu (2nd gen). At first I thought the tab end was metal and wasn't going to be to interested but their website looks like plastic or kydex with metal grommets. Curious how that doubles back over itself on the locking/final thread back over itself. Just thinking it through it seems that larger slot to accommodate the end tab will allow slippage but you never know.
well I got four hours on it on this morning, half of that glassing and half of that walking. So far from a complete test, but I can’t tell you it did stay tight. No slippage. The buckle is different than anything I’ve had. When you fasten it up, you keep it loose until you get the tab through the other side of the buckle, then you pull the tab to tighten the belt. if you tighten before you go through the other side of the buckle, you’ll fight it. took three tries before i figured it out, then easy.

I reserve the right to change my mind, but so far it did not slip. I had on the First Lite catalyst pants, and the furnace bottoms, so that’s a pretty thick layer and I was not able to tell if the belt was stretching or not.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Why havent these premium clothing companies started to put pull tabs built onto the pants???
Personally I don't like pull tabs. Hated them on military uniforms and my favorite pants (Prana Zion) come with them. I gave them a solid year on the Zions, then cut them all out. The Prana pull tab is really a low profile belt integrated into the waste band, much better than the military side pulls, but still not vary useful in my opinion.

So, opinions like mine could be one reason.

I finally found a low profile web belt that works will under a pack, does not slip, and is still stiff enough to support a three pound revolver.