I’ve been waiting for a belt like you

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Is the marsupial or first lite belt stout enough to conceal carry a handgun? I've always used a thick leather, would like a different style for hunting.

the FL would be stout enough for smaller handgun but haven’t used Marsupial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I've used the Marsupial for carry and while it isn't ideal it will work. A lot will come down to what you are doing with it. IWB carry with a small pistol works. I'm not sure it would work as well for OWB carry or heavier pistols. I haven't tried it that way but I could see that causing issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to try a T&K hunting belt after some research tonight. Steep price of $89 but Made in USA with USA materials and veteran owned. Looks like a perfect belt.

ericwh

WKR
we wanna see that bad boy when you get it built

I'd love to see what you come up with on your DIY belt.

Sewing looks like crap cause I couldn't get my wife's machine to do 2 layers of webbing + the elastic. But it is structurally sound... for the current load...

The elastic I got is pretty stretchy and much softer than the Eddie bauer. The regular webbing grips great in the "wave" g-hook.

20210215_102621.jpg

Full image crotch shot
20210215_102459.jpg

after reading this thread back when Robby started it, i ordered one of the belts.... i have a couple kuiu belts i have been wearing the past several years, which have been great, but this new FL belt has become my favorite.... i really like it and wear it every day.

when i ordered, they only had large sizes, and i'm skinny, so i just cut it down and singed the end.... it worked perfect, and i'm gonna buy a second one and do the same, i don't see the plastic end having any benefit for me.

thanks Robby for bringing this to our attention, i probably would have never seen it otherwise

idcuda

WKR
I've used the Marsupial for carry and while it isn't ideal it will work. A lot will come down to what you are doing with it. IWB carry with a small pistol works.

I was definitely only thinking IWB with the marsupial. It would be workable for any carry, but right-tool-for-the-job kind of a situation. Solid belt, though.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
after reading this thread back when Robby started it, i ordered one of the belts.... i have a couple kuiu belts i have been wearing the past several years, which have been great, but this new FL belt has become my favorite.... i really like it and wear it every day.

when i ordered, they only had large sizes, and i'm skinny, so i just cut it down and singed the end.... it worked perfect, and i'm gonna buy a second one and do the same, i don't see the plastic end having any benefit for me.

thanks Robby for bringing this to our attention, i probably would have never seen it otherwise

that’s my job. just wish i had to trim down a large belt to fit me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
I think I'm going to try a T&K hunting belt after some research tonight. Steep price of $89 but Made in USA with USA materials and veteran owned. Looks like a perfect belt.

Wow, and I thought my Filson, at $45, was spendy. I like my Filson, and especially, it’s low profile buckle for wearing under a backpack hip belt.

TheGDog

WKR
Let me ask you all this.... my problem with regular Cabelas Nylon T-buckle belt when wearing a pack... is that the pack belt wants to push the belt strap itself into my lower back and grind it in at an area I have injury at, thus the pack belt wants to grind them into that worst possible place. So I ended up having to loosen the belt enough so that it could drop down BELOW the pack hipbelt... BUT... THAT ends up having that pants belt ride in that area BELOW the hip crests and hip joint so then it ends up inflaming that area there on the outside of my hip-to-thigh junction something fierce which ends up hobbling you by the time you get back to the vehicle. Very painful. How much thinner is the material of this belt compared to, specifically, a Cabelas T-buckle Nylon belt?

And... from your descriptions of this belt... it's sounding like... the material *may* be much softer and more pliable then that nylon belt is. Am I understanding you right? Is that truly the case here? That the belt material itself is substantially more pliable than a regular nylon belt?

Asking because in terms of a regular everyday belt I like those T-Buckle because since I have to sit long hours for work, I need to be able to open up the buckle and readjust for being much more open when seated so that all that time I'm seated... my bit of protruding belly that I now have at 50+ isn't causing extra tensioning on that back side of the belt upon my area of injury across the lower back.

This is why I converted to using First-Lite suspenders when in the field. And, why I went the route of bino harness with hanging on a center-chest rig for pistol below it, since having that kinda weight on a regular belt I'm sure would aggravate my area of injury.

However, since others here mentioned the thinness of these belts mentioned, that has me curious as to possibly using them at least in an everyday sense, if not for the field.

So am I reading you all correctly here? That the material of the belt itself is much more thin and pliable in comparison to a standard Cabelas T-buckle belt?

Last edited:

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Looks a little "dressier", but I got a Groove Life belt. Magnetic hook closure that doesnt move once its connected. I wear it literally every day. Casual clothes, in uniform, business casual with chinos and a collared shirt, hunting clothes, etc. Literally every day...