I've got Coronavirus - FWIW

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing and hope for a full recovery... My wife is a critical care Doc, and sees some crazy stuff at her ICU with the Covid... Gods speed....

Broomd

WKR
Glad you are on the mend, had a friend, healthy 50, college athlete and still in shape try to weather the storm at home without Dr. assistance. He was found dead from COVID, apparently it went south quickly and he was unable to reach out for help. If you are not feeling well, call your doctor.
I gotta believe that guy had other health issues, can you say definitvely that he did not? I'm not calling you out here, I think of this virus as the 'short straw' disease. It kicks some folks butt and leaves others alone.
Right now my wife's sis (50y/o) is over it in AZ, it was a bad respiratory bug/fever for a few days for her. Her other sister's husband (53y/o) had it. He's over it, wasnt' too bad for him. WIfe's mom--75--has it now, has had a cough for a couple weeks. Seems to be stable. FIngers corssed. Wife's dad lives with her mom, he's 76, overwieght, issues. So far no symptoms of any kind. We're hopeful.

tdhanses

WKR
This sickness is so weird, my ex mother in law that is 77 got it, she isn’t the healthiest of people and while it kicked her butt she came through it just fine.

My girlfriend and her kids were in Charleston the same time as the OP and were tested when they got home, negative but last weekend the kids went to see their dad, he had his brother up from Florida, they didn’t wear masks or distance and his brother ended up testing positive. Now they are in quarantine for 14 days.

brsnow

WKR
I gotta believe that guy had other health issues, can you say definitvely that he did not? I'm not calling you out here, I think of this virus as the 'short straw' disease. It kicks some folks butt and leaves others alone.
Right now my wife's sis (50y/o) is over it in AZ, it was a bad respiratory bug/fever for a few days for her. Her other sister's husband (53y/o) had it. He's over it, wasnt' too bad for him. WIfe's mom--75--has it now, has had a cough for a couple weeks. Seems to be stable. FIngers corssed. Wife's dad lives with her mom, he's 76, overwieght, issues. So far no symptoms of any kind. We're hopeful.

You can certainly look into it, here is a story. I am not sure the autopsy is done yet.

He certainly seemed healthy.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes!

Update - doctor said today that even though the diagnostic test from 7/9 is not back yet, the results are moot. My quarantine period will be three days of no elevated temperature. Bad news is that my temp on Saturday was 99.7, so yesterday was day 1. So far no fever today.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad that you are going to be okay. The reason I say this is that based on your responses, you will be fine, just like many others who have recovered. Your symptoms appear slightly more than mild and as such, you got a little bit worse than most. My apologies.

But again, you will have a full recovery and now will not have to worry about SARS-CoV-19 anymore. Many of my friends in the medical field are upset they haven't tested positive yet for anti-bodies since they want what you have, it being over with.

Good work and again, thank you for the courage to share such private information with so many. God bless you.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad that you are going to be okay. The reason I say this is that based on your responses, you will be fine, just like many others who have recovered. Your symptoms appear slightly more than mild and as such, you got a little bit worse than most. My apologies.

But again, you will have a full recovery and now will not have to worry about SARS-CoV-19 anymore. Many of my friends in the medical field are upset they haven't tested positive yet for anti-bodies since they want what you have, it being over with.

Good work and again, thank you for the courage to share such private information with so many. God bless you.

There seams to be quite a bit of uncertainty about the antibodies, immunity, and how long it might last.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
You can certainly look into it, here is a story. I am not sure the autopsy is done yet.

He certainly seemed healthy.
Thanks for posting this, I haven't read it yet, but will. I DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA FOR ONE SECOND with any of this. And it's why I appreciate this thread and the OP sharing.

... you will have a full recovery and now will not have to worry about SARS-CoV-19 anymore. Many of my friends in the medical field are upset they haven't tested positive yet for anti-bodies since they want what you have, it being over with.

Au Contraire....I'm hearing more and more that there is no antibody immunity with some people.
EDIT> Just saw your posting Durango...Yep.

Thanks for posting this, I haven't read it yet, but will. I DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA FOR ONE SECOND with any of this. And it's why I appreciate this thread and the OP sharing.

Au Contraire....I'm hearing more and more that there is no antibody immunity with some people.
EDIT> Just saw your posting Durango...Yep.
Important to know that antibodys are not equal to immunity.

It will be a while before we know if the antibodies drop off, but people are still immune.

We've known for a while that the antibodies are reduced and eventually gone over time.

Anyhow this probably belongs in the other thread, glad your feeling better op, and I hope that you are in fact immune!

Last edited:
OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved

There seams to be quite a bit of uncertainty about the antibodies, immunity, and how long it might last.

Totally get the uncertainty, but I feel much more comfortable having the antibodies than I did before!

Thanks again everyone for the well-wishes. I had hoped to just share info without starting a debate, and I think it worked! If anyone has more specific questions, please feel free to PM me if you aren't comfortable posting a question.

BTW, I'd also recommend that you have a Pulse Oximeter on hand in case you get it. I know they aren't perfect, but knowing my oxygen levels during those nights when I was debating going to the hospital was crucial - at least for piece of mind. (And no, I'm not a doctor, my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. :) )

You know, it is frustrating when people post SECONDARY information and not look at the PRIMARY source material. Here is the actual study referenced above: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.09.20148429v1

From my review, you see that the study reveals "seroconversion in >95% of cases and neutralizing antibody (nAb) responses when sampled beyond 8 days POS". That means that 95% of the test subjects developed an immune response of some kind. However, please read this statement very carefully:

"This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice."

So lets look at all of the evidence. I am simply stating to the OP that he has a good chance of having immunity. Anyone else who wants to get scared by the media.. enjoy your tinfoil hat sir.

Totally get the uncertainty, but I feel much more comfortable having the antibodies than I did before!

Thanks again everyone for the well-wishes. I had hoped to just share info without starting a debate, and I think it worked! If anyone has more specific questions, please feel free to PM me if you aren't comfortable posting a question.

BTW, I'd also recommend that you have a Pulse Oximeter on hand in case you get it. I know they aren't perfect, but knowing my oxygen levels during those nights when I was debating going to the hospital was crucial - at least for piece of mind. (And no, I'm not a doctor, my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. :) )

Yes, having a Pulse Oximeter is very important. I totally agree and good on you for being prepared and sharing with others. Thank you.

You know, it is frustrating when people post SECONDARY information and not look at the PRIMARY source material. Here is the actual study referenced above: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.09.20148429v1

From my review, you see that the study reveals "seroconversion in >95% of cases and neutralizing antibody (nAb) responses when sampled beyond 8 days POS". That means that 95% of the test subjects developed an immune response of some kind. However, please read this statement very carefully:

"This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice."

So lets look at all of the evidence. I am simply stating to the OP that he has a good chance of having immunity. Anyone else who wants to get scared by the media.. enjoy your tinfoil hat sir.
No one said he didn't have antibodies. These new studies are revealing that antibodies peak about 3 weeks after infection and then quickly decline. What's unknown is whether this means you are immune or not even though all the antibodies are gone.

No one said he didn't have antibodies. These new studies are revealing that antibodies peak about 3 weeks after infection and then quickly decline. What's unknown is whether this means you are immune or not even though all the antibodies are gone.

Please show me where in the medical report/link that supports your statement "antibodies peak about 3 weeks after infection and then quickly decline". Because, that is not what I read.

Please show me where in the medical report/link that supports your statement "antibodies peak about 3 weeks after infection and then quickly decline". Because, that is not what I read.

We show that IgM and IgA binding responses decline after 20-30 days POS. We demonstrate that the magnitude of the nAb response is dependent upon the disease severity but this does not impact on the time to ID50 peak (serum dilution that inhibits 50% infection). nAb titres peak on average at day 23 POS and then decrease 2- to 23-fold during an 18-65 day follow up period.

“People are producing a reasonable antibody response to the virus, but it’s waning over a short period of time and depending on how high your peak is, that determines how long the antibodies are staying around,” said Dr Katie Doores, lead author on the study at King’s College London.

Reactions: 307
We show that IgM and IgA binding responses decline after 20-30 days POS. We demonstrate that the magnitude of the nAb response is dependent upon the disease severity but this does not impact on the time to ID50 peak (serum dilution that inhibits 50% infection). nAb titres peak on average at day 23 POS and then decrease 2- to 23-fold during an 18-65 day follow up period.

“People are producing a reasonable antibody response to the virus, but it’s waning over a short period of time and depending on how high your peak is, that determines how long the antibodies are staying around,” said Dr Katie Doores, lead author on the study at King’s College London.

Sorry to the OP for continuing to sidetrack your thread, but it sounds like the vaccine everyone is waiting for is gonna be a waste of time then... we're all going to get covid over and over until we're all dead.

I have faith that Biden will save us..

To the OP, in all seriousness, glad to hear you are doing better and wish you a full recovery!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
UPDATE - my son and I were released this morning from quarantine and we have reunited with my wife. We had been out of town for 40 days and spent the last week in our basement. Thanks so much for all of the well-wishes!

FWIW, I’d be happy to answer any questions (offline if you prefer) you may have about what I experienced, my treatments, how we quarantined, etc.

Thanks again everyone!!

MattB

WKR

I have read a few instances of apparently health people (no known underlying health issues) dying at home just like this.