I've got Coronavirus - FWIW

I have read a few instances of apparently health people (no known underlying health issues) dying at home just like this.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR

Interesting. Wonder if he tried to run while sick. I remember reading one of the issues with the northern Italian population and deaths was a high number of young people who kept working out, biking and running, thinking it would help. I screwed myself up a couple years ago running in the cold with a respiratory problem. Made it waaaay worse. Nice he made it.

Crazy how many 80 year old people with numerous comorbidities I cared for who had almost no problems. Some steroids and O2 for a couple days in isolation then go home. Then this individual has such a problem. Interesting. Wish the article had a more scientific take on his disease process.

MattB

WKR

The first woman in the US to die from COVID, thought she had the flu and had recovered, and then died within a period of ~2 hours following a conversation with co-workers.

I've read a few accounts of this, presuming it is the cytokine storm phenomenon. In one story NY healthcare workers told stories of talking with patients who were sick but appeared stable and then were dead 1-2 hours later. Crazy

gwl79902

WKR
You do not need to answer this if it is to personal. My question is are you a generally healthy person prior to this? More specifically do often get cold, the bug, or the flu?

My brother has a cold every year for long period of time and I would say if someone is going to get a cold he will. I almost never get sick.

I just wonder if people who often get sick get hit harder by this.

Have you had a full blood work up done to see if you are defeciant any any minor nutriants. There is a theory that higher levels of some micro nutriants will provide height immunity, unfortuanly I do not know what they are. My guess is zinc.

rob86jeep

WKR
Did you ever get the results from your second COVID test?

I'm just curious what made you believe you had COVID vs some other illness? They've said there are both false positive and negative COVID tests, and said the antibody tests aren't 100% either. If you had two negative COVID tests, your son had a negative COVID test, your son had a negative antibody test, and you had 1 positive antibody test, it seems like the odds are the one positive antibody test could have been a false positive..? Especially since the say don't start developing the antibodies 1-3 weeks after you get the virus.

I've been sick a couple of times since this mess has started and it makes me wonder what it was (because I rarely get sick) but I'm sure that's going through everyones minds right now.

I have the Coronavirus. I’m 50 years old. I'm not looking for sympathy and I won’t bore you with too much of the details. (EDIT - more details added below per request.) This also isn't meant to start a political discussion. Just intended as my story so far.

I contracted it in SC while out of town, but I don't know how. My symptoms have been “mild” as the cases are defined, but they still sucked and I had a few nights when I debated going to the hospital (the concern being over tightness in my chest behind my breastbone). My first symptoms started June 25th and on July 9th I learned that I have pneumonia. (That sounds worse than it is, but it is something more than nothing.) I’m confident I will be fully recovered (I already have received a positive antibody test), although who knows if that will equate to immunity? My son and I are currently quarantined in our basement, which isn't perfect, but we hope we can maintain enough separation so that my wife doesn't get it. (She's wavered back and forth on wanting to get it and "get it over with", but I'm too paranoid that she will have a different experience.)

One of the hardest parts about having it was the worry about who else I may have exposed before I showed symptoms. Not a good feeling. So far I think everyone else is OK.

My $0.02 PSA - if you don’t already have a relationship with a physician, try to establish one. Then do not hesitate to push for a proactive approach to your treatment if you get sick. (My medical provider - communicating with me remotely - advised Tylenol and Advil. I eventually got some meds that I think helped a lot, and wish I had pushed for same sooner.)
View attachment 196645
Did they give you antibiotics for the pneumonia? Also what I've heard that steroids are helping with the lung issues.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
You do not need to answer this if it is to personal. My question is are you a generally healthy person prior to this? More specifically do often get cold, the bug, or the flu?

My brother has a cold every year for long period of time and I would say if someone is going to get a cold he will. I almost never get sick.

I just wonder if people who often get sick get hit harder by this.

Have you had a full blood work up done to see if you are defeciant any any minor nutriants. There is a theory that higher levels of some micro nutriants will provide height immunity, unfortuanly I do not know what they are. My guess is zinc.
So sorry to have somehow missed this post. I am very healthy generally. I've had the flu in the past, including Flu A this year. I haven't had a full blood workup, other than for prior annual physicals. No deficiencies have ever been raised. I was taking Zinc daily, FWIW.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Did you ever get the results from your second COVID test?

I'm just curious what made you believe you had COVID vs some other illness? They've said there are both false positive and negative COVID tests, and said the antibody tests aren't 100% either. If you had two negative COVID tests, your son had a negative COVID test, your son had a negative antibody test, and you had 1 positive antibody test, it seems like the odds are the one positive antibody test could have been a false positive..? Especially since the say don't start developing the antibodies 1-3 weeks after you get the virus.

I've been sick a couple of times since this mess has started and it makes me wonder what it was (because I rarely get sick) but I'm sure that's going through everyones minds right now.
The second C-19 test was negative. I figured I had C-19 based on my symptoms, and the length they lasted. In my mind the positive antibodies test confirmed my belief. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. And my antibodies test was more than 3 weeks after the onset of my symptoms.

FWIW, I recently had a bike accident (long story) and had several CT scans as part of my treatment. The physicians said that they saw "ground glass opacities" in my lungs that are consistent with someone who has had Covid-19.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Did they give you antibiotics for the pneumonia? Also what I've heard that steroids are helping with the lung issues.
Yes, when I was diagnosed with the pneumonia the doctor prescribed a different antibiotic that is specifically used for pneumonia.