I've got serious issues.

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only one that thinks 8 miles at 1am isn't ridiculous or maybe it means I possibly need counseling?? You guys ever work out in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

sodak

FNG
No, you don't need counseling. I used to hit the treadmills for 10 miles when I couldn't sleep. Whatever my mind was stuck on could usually be worked out in 10 miles.

But your wife might not see it that way.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Am I the only one that thinks 8 miles at 1am isn't ridiculous or maybe it means I possibly need counseling?? You guys ever work out in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

The gym where I go is open from 5 am to 10 pm, so unless I run outside...that time frame is a no go for me.

I do however do a lot of my writing, workout building, client assessment's at that time frame. Its defintely more peaceful!

JSonn

FNG
Yea if I can't sleep I hit the stationary bike- it's normally when I have too much on my mind. Its better then just laying in bed starring at the ceiling...

Foldem

WKR
Dont the endorphins and cortisol just make you guys that much more wound up? When I play hockey games that last until midnight or so I'm beat, but wound up until 4 or 5 in the morning and can't sleep at all!

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
Dont the endorphins and cortisol just make you guys that much more wound up? When I play hockey games that last until midnight or so I'm beat, but wound up until 4 or 5 in the morning and can't sleep at all!
if i go hit the road or trails for a while, and come back and take a warm/hot shower......i'll usually crash after about 10-30minutes after i lay down. i usually push the pace enough that i'm winded by the time i get back to the house.

R

rebecca francis

If I run at night....I am up all night! If I can't sleep for some other reason....running is a perfect way to pacify the time!

a3dhunter

WKR
What is this problem sleeping you speak of?

My wife says I have a switch that gets flipped when my head hits the pillow, I'm out within 10 minutes every time.
and if you deprive me of sleep I'll go to sleep mid conversation!

Forgot to add:
Yes, it is abnormal.
Yes, you do have a problem.
Yes, you should see someone about it.
Yes, you should hear people laughing at you while you are running in the middle of the night...(that one I threw in for free, just so you would know it wasn't just voices in your head!)

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
What is this problem sleeping you speak of?

My wife says I have a switch that gets flipped when my head hits the pillow, I'm out within 10 minutes every time.
and if you deprive me of sleep I'll go to sleep mid conversation!

Forgot to add:
Yes, it is abnormal.
Yes, you do have a problem.
Yes, you should see someone about it.
Yes, you should hear people laughing at you while you are running in the middle of the night...(that one I threw in for free, just so you would know it wasn't just voices in your head!)

i don't know how you do it man, it takes me a bit to unwind.