Jaccard or something else?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m done with the hammer; the Jaccard gets good reviews and pretty inexpensive. Anyone have experience with one? Something that is better for tenderizing (yeah not counting aging :D)

Thanks

4ester

WKR
I use my Jaccard quite often and it’s been great.

I used to use the cuber attachment on the grinder, but this is way less cleanup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
good deal, I figure for $20- ish it’s probably worth a shot :)

I use mine all the time, going on close to 24 years and 1 day. Very handy kitchen tool.

Last edited:

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
Also a frequent Jaccard user. Combined with a marinade of wine, it produces some tender meat.

I ve been using Jaccard for about 4 years and it is great for some of the deer steaks that are a little tough. Warning: it can make meat mushy if you really go to town on a steak with it. you'll figure it out through a little trial and error. enjoy!

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I have one and I did a little experiment a few years ago. I had two flat iron steaks of grass fed beef. I used the Jaccard on one and not the other. I didn't tell my oldest son about any experiment. I let him take a piece out of the middle of both that were grilled exactly the same amount of time. He picked the Jaccard one to finish off. :)

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got to use mine on a couple of steaks from the hind quarter, it works :)