Javelin bipod / Davros questions

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I am considering buying some stuff from Spartan and I have some questions. I am considering a bipod, davros, and optics adapter. How stable are binos and a small spotter on the Davros? I would like enough stability to leave my binos/spotter attached for a couple of minutes and have them stay put on a target area. Also, how much of a difference is there between the light duty bino adapter and the heavy duty bino adapter? I will primarily be using 10x42s. Any opinions on Javelin Light vs. the Javelin Pro? I assume attaching a rifle to the Davros on a tripod is more stable than using using a tripod and a Y yoke - am I right about this? Finally, if anyone has gone to this system, any regrets or feedback? Thanks for your input.

Following. Been thinking of trying the Davros with rifle adapter shooting off tripod. And if I like the system, get a javelin bipod so I could have a 2 rifle setup with bipod/tripod being interchangeable.

Did you end up pulling the trigger on anything?

OP
J

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Following. Been thinking of trying the Davros with rifle adapter shooting off tripod. And if I like the system, get a javelin bipod so I could have a 2 rifle setup with bipod/tripod being interchangeable.

Did you end up pulling the trigger on anything?
My wife got me a bipod, davros, and bino adapter. It is under the Christmas tree though and I haven't messed with it. I will take it along on a buddys late season cow hunt right after Christmas. I will let you know how it works.

My wife got me a bipod, davros, and bino adapter. It is under the Christmas tree though and I haven't messed with it. I will take it along on a buddys late season cow hunt right after Christmas. I will let you know how it works.
Sounds good. Appreciate it man 👍🏼

gexpro

WKR
I decided that I did not want to give up my fluid head on my tripod. I made a few measurements and sketched up this arca-swiss/spartan adapter. 3D printed it out of PLA+ and bam.. now I can take shots off the tripod in a pinch situation with the gunsmith adapter I have installed.

Attachments

• 079A3929-2D00-4AE6-AF7D-11DC98CE436A.jpeg
    079A3929-2D00-4AE6-AF7D-11DC98CE436A.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 23
  • EC69CC28-ED5A-43D9-93F5-823CBA1A80D9.jpeg
    EC69CC28-ED5A-43D9-93F5-823CBA1A80D9.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 23
  • D9463262-4964-4208-9370-E2CBF6C64BCD.jpeg
    D9463262-4964-4208-9370-E2CBF6C64BCD.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 23
I decided that I did not want to give up my fluid head on my tripod. I made a few measurements and sketched up this arca-swiss/spartan adapter. 3D printed it out of PLA+ and bam.. now I can take shots off the tripod in a pinch situation with the gunsmith adapter I have installed.
can you put the davros head on an arca plate and then put that on the pan head so you don't have to give that up? This is what I am currently considering just don't know if this will work tougher.

gexpro

WKR
can you put the davros head on an arca plate and then put that on the pan head so you don't have to give that up? This is what I am currently considering just don't know if this will work tougher.
If you can find a arca plate with the same bolt diameter to attach the darvos (3/8 I think?) you could do this.

Might have to modify the arca plate, but hey that’s what makes this all fun huh?