Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod Review ***Updated 1/27/20***

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Why do you prefer the 300 so much more over the Javelin??

Hi tdot,

I like the 300 bipod as it can be a permanent fixture on your rifle it saves time trying to attach it to the rifle.
sometimes seconds count. I am not saying its better than the javelin, it just quicker. Its just down to personal needs and taste,

Regards,
Glendine.

I will echo JC's issues. I am not particularly blown away with mine. The twist locks kinda suck in my opinion. I've tightened the inner legs against the hub several times, yet they still come loose. My twist lock will NOT lock in the maxed out position on the right leg. Move it up about 1/4" on the inner leg and it will lock.

Overall.....feel kinda cheated for $300. I had the need for the Next Newest and most Shiny thing....yawn

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I will echo JC's issues. I am not particularly blown away with mine. The twist locks kinda suck in my opinion. I've tightened the inner legs against the hub several times, yet they still come loose. My twist lock will NOT lock in the maxed out position on the right leg. Move it up about 1/4" on the inner leg and it will lock.

Overall.....feel kinda cheated for $300. I had the need for the Next Newest and most Shiny thing....yawn

My twist locks are working really well since I tightened the legs with a wrench. Did you already try that?

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I got one for Christmas... Some things I immediately noticed:

- Play/Wiggle where the magnet meets the mount on the rifle - This drives me nuts!
- The legs can be finicky when extending - Can un-screw the whole thing easily by accident.

I can live with the legs, but the wiggle bothers me considering the price and expectation of what I was buying. For such an expensive bipod I figure the thing would have not loos parts. To be fair I haven't shot yet... For those with experience, do you feel this impacts accuracy at longer ranges? Say 5-600 yards? Debating a return but kind of hoping someone will talk me off the ledge haha

mt100gr.

WKR

- Play/Wiggle where the magnet meets the mount on the rifle - This drives me nuts!
- The legs can be finicky when extending - Can un-screw the whole thing easily by accident.

I can live with the legs, but the wiggle bothers me considering the price and expectation of what I was buying. For such an expensive bipod I figure the thing would have not loos parts. To be fair I haven't shot yet... For those with experience, do you feel this impacts accuracy at longer ranges? Say 5-600 yards? Debating a return but kind of hoping someone will talk me off the ledge haha
I have one of the original javelin bipods and it also has slop between the mount and the magnet "post" at the apex. Honestly, the only thing I like about it is the weight.

I monkeyed around with mine some and tried a few different ways of tightening that up but nothing really solved it.

I try to make a habit of loading that wiggle slightly to the side after I load the bipod with my normal shooting pressure.

Also, I'm not sure what adapter the pro comes with but the universal adapters that use a single machine screw into the swivel stud threads are prone to twisting. The few rifles that I use the javelin on now have a second hole drilled in the adapter and the stock to use 2 fasteners. Obviously the gunsmith adapters bedded into the stock won't twist so if that's an option for you, I'd recommend it.

I've heard the word "gimmicky " used, but I won't go that far. It's a cool unit and the weight is pretty great - I definitely have a use for it. For the money, I feel it should not require any DIY tweaking.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

Can you describe the wiggle? I have a few different Javelin Bipods and feel they are very accurate to ranges beyond 600 yards.

I had the same problem with the legs until I used a wrench to tighten them up at the top. They have been great since then.

tdhanses

WKR
Yes I get a little wiggle in mine (javelin) but I like that, I find it much easier and quicker to get on target vs messing with slight adjustments. But once I’m on and have it preloaded it’s solid.

Looks interesting. I've been using the original Javelin. I bought the long first, but then switched to the standard height version so I could use it on the bench as well as prone. I haven't found the twist locks to be a problem, but I've kept it clean.

I do have trouble sometimes keeping it attached in the swivel. I don't know if I don't get it seated far enough, or just expected the super strong magnet to hold it better or what. I have to really watch it when carrying the rifle with the bipod attached (and I only do that for short distances like to move up a few yards to a closer shooting position, etc.

I am using the gunsmith adapter epoxied into 2 different rifle stocks, btw.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Looks interesting. I've been using the original Javelin. I bought the long first, but then switched to the standard height version so I could use it on the bench as well as prone. I haven't found the twist locks to be a problem, but I've kept it clean.

I do have trouble sometimes keeping it attached in the swivel. I don't know if I don't get it seated far enough, or just expected the super strong magnet to hold it better or what. I have to really watch it when carrying the rifle with the bipod attached (and I only do that for short distances like to move up a few yards to a closer shooting position, etc.

I am using the gunsmith adapter epoxied into 2 different rifle stocks, btw.

Are you saying it falls out? No way mine will do that. I have to pull with a decent amount of force to remove it.

Are you saying it falls out? No way mine will do that. I have to pull with a decent amount of force to remove it.

Yes- If I don't carefully attach it, it will fall out. Maybe I'm not seating it deep enough.

Also, I screwed up when I installed the Gunsmith mount- I installed it "inside" the factory QD sling mount (between the sling mount and the trigger guard. I thought it would be out of the way by placing it there. Instead, I have to make the bipod straddle the sling when I use it. Not a huge deal, but not ideal either.

Sadler

WKR
I really like the magnet connection they came up with especially with their gunsmith adapter but I sent mine back because I didn’t like the twist locks on the legs. Now I just saw these new “Tac Legs” on their site so I think this will fix a lot of the problems some of us have with those twist locks.

Attachments

• BB1770D3-D522-4D3A-A7DB-CCD73B1E1B31.png
    BB1770D3-D522-4D3A-A7DB-CCD73B1E1B31.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 66
I have this bipod on my Christensen Ridgeline in .28 Nosler. I’m really liking it so far. Keeps the rifle super light on the shoulder and I keep the legs in one of the little mesh side pouches on my FHF bino harness. They snap in quick and ready to shoot in 2 seconds. Great little piece of equipment here.
I am looking at purchasing a Christesen Ridgeline and I am curious on how you mounted the insert for your Javelin Bipod. Is that something you had a gun smith tap into the stock or did yo do it yourself?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I am looking at purchasing a Christesen Ridgeline and I am curious on how you mounted the insert for your Javelin Bipod. Is that something you had a gun smith tap into the stock or did yo do it yourself?

It taps into the existing sling stud. Just remove it. Make sure to use the right shaped spacer for the stock that comes with it. It has a new sling stud molded in.

I prefer the the long for hunting.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Is the long easier to comfortably lay into the gun? Curious as to why you prefer the long for hunting. About to buy and that’s my last hold up; standup vs long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Is the long easier to comfortably lay into the gun? Curious as to why you prefer the long for hunting. About to buy and that’s my last hold up; standup vs long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The long fits more shooting positions for me in the field. I can't remember a time when it was too tall for a shot. It is more comfortable for me as well.