Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod Review ***Updated 1/27/20***

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you know how much I like the original Javelin Bipod for hunting situations where weight is a factor. Well, recently they came out with an upgraded version called the Pro Hunt Bipod. I just received one this morning and am excited to get it out for some testing. I'm planning to at least do some shooting at our home range this weekend with it. In the meantime, let me know if you have anything specific you would like to know.

***Edit 1/27/20*** Full review available here.

c74e60bc8132487d70f7a88da6bc52a5.jpg

Last edited:

DRUSS

WKR
Are the mounts same as old version? Weight, height options.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Are the mounts same as old version? Weight, height options.

Mounts are the same. I haven't weighed the Pro Hunt but it's supposed to be about 1oz heavier. They offer standard and long just like the original.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ohh come on.
Just ended season with 2 broken trucks and a couple other gear upgrades.
How you gonna show me this Justin??? Come on man.
Lol 😭 gonna have to look for a 2nd job.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Did a little shooting today and will be hitting the hills in the morning for some long range shooting if the weather holds up for us. The Pro Hunt is working great so far.

e130369c4c95c04d8237d2d45add9d38.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

DRUSS

WKR
Do you adjust height from the top now? I see collars there?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Do you adjust height from the top now? I see collars there?

You twist the "knobs" like on a tripod. Instead of the legs like the original. Does that make sense?

I like the new way better but they're not perfect. The legs loosen from the top (where they thread into the "hub") sometimes when I try to adjust. I tightened them up with a wrench last night to see if that helps.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

DRUSS

WKR
Yeah, that makes since. Does it seem easier to grip then? I know when hands are cold or wet it's tough to grip the legs.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that makes since. Does it seem easier to grip then? I know when hands are cold or wet it's tough to grip the legs.

Not exactly. When adjusting the original, you can grip the whole lower leg and twist it. On the Pro Hunt you almost need to use two hands because you have to hold the lower part of the leg to keep it from spinning while you're twisting the "knob". It can be done with one hand but it takes some practice.

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks man. That is what I was going to order but now I may wait until your review of the pro.

Have look at the spartan 300 bipod. I have both the Javelin and the 300 bipod and I much prefer the 300 bipod.
I have on of the new 300 bipods with the TAC legs its fantastic.

Glendine.

archp625

WKR
Have look at the spartan 300 bipod. I have both the Javelin and the 300 bipod and I much prefer the 300 bipod.

Glendine.
I have. I have seen mixed reviews. I wish there was a place that I could handle and look at them in person. I was at Scheels last night and got to handle an Atlas PRS. I was really impressed with that bipod. I have only run Caldwell bipods so anything will seem way nicer.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have this bipod on my Christensen Ridgeline in .28 Nosler. I’m really liking it so far. Keeps the rifle super light on the shoulder and I keep the legs in one of the little mesh side pouches on my FHF bino harness. They snap in quick and ready to shoot in 2 seconds. Great little piece of equipment here.

tdot

WKR

Glendine.

Why do you prefer the 300 so much more over the Javelin??

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of prep needs to be done to the stock in order to mount the bipod? Do you have to drill or tap in any way? Doesn't look like it mounts via the swivel stud.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of prep needs to be done to the stock in order to mount the bipod? Do you have to drill or tap in any way? Doesn't look like it mounts via the swivel stud.
I'm using their gunsmith adapters for this rifle which are bedded into the stock.

Every bipod also comes with an adapter that replaces your sling stud.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk