Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod Review ***Updated 1/27/20***

I really like the magnet connection they came up with especially with their gunsmith adapter but I sent mine back because I didn’t like the twist locks on the legs. Now I just saw these new “Tac Legs” on their site so I think this will fix a lot of the problems some of us have with those twist locks.

I don't see these on the website anymore. I'm sure they weigh quite a bit more and it's hard to swallow another $160 on top of a $320 bipod that will no longer be as light and wont be as stable as atlas/harris/TBAC/evo.

I have the spartan 300 and while it offers stability compared to no bipod, the free spinning pan and cant aspects leave a lot to be desired.

IMO the ideal setup from javelin would be something that folds up like the 300, has zero panning capability, and is able to lock in cant. Still thinking about swapping out the 300 for this pro model though.

Sadler

WKR
I don't see these on the website anymore. I'm sure they weigh quite a bit more and it's hard to swallow another $160 on top of a $320 bipod that will no longer be as light and wont be as stable as atlas/harris/TBAC/evo.

I have the spartan 300 and while it offers stability compared to no bipod, the free spinning pan and cant aspects leave a lot to be desired.

IMO the ideal setup from javelin would be something that folds up like the 300, has zero panning capability, and is able to lock in cant. Still thinking about swapping out the 300 for this pro model though.
I didn’t either but when I ordered the Javelin lite, I emailed them and asked if I could exchange the lite legs for their Tac Legs and they had no issue with it. I mailed them to a US address they gave me and received full refund for them. If I remember correctly the total price for the setup after returning the lite legs was $180ish. As far as weight goes, they didn’t add much at all. I’ll verify later but it was under 8oz after I swapped the legs out so it’s not much of a weight penalty. I agree on it needing to fold forward and to get rid of the panning feature in order for it to do that. That would be a sweet set up.

pwdrski

FNG
Thanks for your review, I'm upgrading from the original and was on the fence about the size. After reading your review I'm deciding on the long version. The product is so worth the money. I hunted with a Harris for years, it constantly caught on my bino harness when carrying my rifle with a sling. The Spartan Bipod stashes perfectly in my KUIU pants pocket till needed and slips right on my rifle rapidly.