Jax Outdoors wont accept AR-15 FFL transfers!

sndmn11

WKR
Aren’t they an archery shop?

The problem with a lot of shops around the Denver area is that they are just small gun shops with little inventory. Sure transfers for them are a pain in the ass.. I guess they don’t want the money. If they were smart they would use transfers as a loss leader and stock up on accessories and other parts. Get them in the door for the transfer, sell them something on their way out.
Yes, they have an FFL for transfers though.

TheGDog

WKR
OK, just venting a little. I recently ordered an Aero Precision upper/lower receiver set, and plugged in my local Jax as the FFL. I've purchased a couple guns online, and a previous AR-15 build a couple years ago, and used the local Jax as FFL with no issues.
I just got a call from them today as my upper/lower should have been delivered. The guy said "unfortunately, we no longer are allowed to deal with AR's and we have to send it back to Aero". Wow. Everyone talking about the democrats taking our guns, but it seems to me its going to be this type of corporate activism thats quickly and ACTUALLY taking away our rights....
Right.. and which party do you believe is behind influencing this type of BS? The left all the way.

Most SW dont do transfers. They are kind of a pain.

People would have things shipped in and not come pick them up for 6-8 months. You have a gun in the backroom for that long, have to keep track of it, log it, everything and get 40 bucks out of the deal. Then you would have people come in and not have the proper documents, come in to late, etc. Then they throw a fit because "its their gun and they have already paid for it." Its really not worth the hassle.

To OP. I have said for years that everyone is so worried about the government is coming for them but forget that the private sector can/does the governments bidding. Vaccine mandates were a perfect example. In the end though, it is the right of JAX to not do transfers of any kind. Vote with your dollar.

They do the bidding of the gov because of the almighty dollar. It's certainly not because they have concern for their customers.

Sherman

WKR
thanks for the heads up on that. I go to the broomfield Jax location quite a bit. Will need to cut that way back now. Who are you guys using for transfers near broomfield? I wish Ross would relocate Gunsport out of Boulder.
The NAPA auto store in Fort Morgan does them. I have to go pick up one this week.