Jdog and Reaper's Colorado Mule Deer Live Hunt

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The hunt doesn't begin till next Saturday, but I'm heading out tomorrow with Justin Davis for an early scouting trip. Justin has to head back home in the afternoon and I'm going to spend a couple more days checking things out after he heads back.

Jason (Jdog) is flying in Thursday morning and after a couple quick stops we will be heading into the mountains.

I will post up some photos of the scouting trip when service provides and will also do a video on our packing list when I get back.

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Jdog

WKR
That's the "old school" CO Jdog! I am now much skinnier and will be sucking wind on those CO mtns as I no longer live there.

Ahhhh....the boob tree. A nice sight halfway up the mtn!

Jdog

WKR
Like any good military leader...gotta give the same standard safety brief before heading outside to hunt as we do outside the wire in Afghanistan...
IMG_2254.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Jdog, make sure that Weatherby is sited in this year. You don't want to give officers a bad name:)

Jdog

WKR
Jdog, make sure that Weatherby is sited in this year. You don't want to give officers a bad name:)

dammit!

Hitting the range again in the am...it was dialed in for my sheep hunt but want to ensure she is still on.

There must be a mole in the unit airing my dirty laundry...

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Scouting has gone pretty well and we did see several deer, but nothing giant yet. I did learn from J that his tag is good for another unit that I've spent a lot of time in. I'm going to check that area out as well and see if bucks are still up that high right now.

We ran into the game warden on the way in (great guy and was very helpful). He pointed us to another area that we hadn't thought about and so we checked that out as well.

Photos coming soon

Jdog

WKR
Doing gear checks today.

Need to purchase some food items in Denver.

Hitting the rifle range tomorrow after work.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well, I've decided not to post photos as it would be pretty easy to figure out where we were heading:)

We will post photos during the hunt either way.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That is an incredible buck in any state Aron! Would be the best buck on Rokslide so far this fall if you could take him. All the best on the hunt.