Jdog's 11-18 KY Deer Hunt

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
We are up to three birds now with a chance of alligators!

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jdog great looking buck. I'm really enjoying riding along on this hunt with you guys. Hoping for a break in the weather before you have to deploy the life raft

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Alrightie...rain broke! Wind picked up a bit but we will take it...and we just had a doe run by at about 220 yds. No shot opp but we are officially on "doe patrol". Here we go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 31
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Alright fellas...soon after the drive by of a doe, we had a small buck and a doe come running into the field in front of us. Popps drew down and dumped the doe. He has had some health issues in the last cpl years and headed to the truck. I dressed her and gathered all our gear and met him at the truck about 40 minutes later.

Overall, this was a great trip home with friends and family.

Lessons learned:
- I need practice more restraint on young bucks during the rut
- Timing of this hunt was just about right
- Family and friendships are everything in this lifetime

Until my Dec MS rut quota hunt!

Jdog

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 42
Nice work. You sound ashamed of the deer you shot, don't be, they are whitetails and they taste good. You shot more deer in a few days than most guys shoot in a season...

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Nice work. You sound ashamed of the deer you shot, don't be, they are whitetails and they taste good. You shot more deer in a few days than most guys shoot in a season...

Not at all...I just get jacked up and shoot pretty quickly when chasing whities in the fall. I need to slow down a bit and hold out for a bigger one. Great times!