Jeans. You know, like denim blue jeans.

Rokslide's clothing forum is a collection of the most awesome picky pants wearers in North America. I'm one of them. I can give you a great recommendation on a hunting pant for any condition (cold, hot, wet, dry, horse riding, boat riding, hiking, tree sitting etc.) But I keep coming up short with a good old fashioned pair of blue jeans.

I thought I liked Prana Axioms. But since dropping down to a size 30, the fit just isn't right. They fit my waist, but they're so tight on the thighs I look ridiculous with anything in my pockets. I need a pair of blue jeans that fit as well as Kuiu Attacks or Prana Zions.

Does any one have recommendations on a truly comfortable jean that looks good? I'm willing to spend $5 to $150 if the fit was right. No bling please.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wear Wrangler Relaxed Fit jeans and I also have a couple pair of some other Wranglers that my wife got me. They both fit well, but could be a little longer. 36" inseam is as long as these go, but at least they have enough of a rise to be close to long enough and are still comfortable.

Poser

WKR
Kuhl jeans, while expensive, have an extra panel inside the thighs and articulated knees, both of which are extremely nice features if you have muscle on your legs and glutes. I have trouble bending over in most other bands in my waist size because they seize up in the crotch and above the knees. The hidden cell phone pocket is a nice feature as well. Wrangler now makes some jeans with stretch fabric which are wearable and rather stylish though I do miss the cell phone pocket that Kuhls have whenever I wear the Wranglers. Carrying a modern cell phone in the front pocket of traditional style jeans is a bit cumbersome movement wise.

elkguide

WKR
I hate the way pants are sized today. I used to be happy with Levis but ever since they moved to Mexico and overseas for all of their manufacturing they are awful. Right now the ones that fit me the best are the Eddie Bauer Boot Cut but those are made in Mexico and they don't always fit the same every time.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Marmot Pipelines. Relaxed fit in thighs without looking like mom jeans. Decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
Patagonia works for me, but NOT the performance jeans. Those are skinny jean material.

I got a pair of LL bean cliff side conduras for Christmas and they are my favorite jeans yet I think. The stretch quite a bit and are super comfortable.

I wear 501 STFs. Figuring out your size is easy, and they fit/wear perfect for me after a hot wash. Plus they are sturdy being rigid denim. I always have at least 2 in rotation.

Brendan

WKR
Check out Barbell - designed for an athletic build and are the best I've found. Pricey though, I bought a couple pairs $50 off Black Friday.

Edit: They have slim, straight, and relaxed fit. I went with the relaxed, and they fit fine, but wouldn't go with the other two personally - would be afraid they'd end up real ball huggers...

Edit Again: I use these for work, in an office, 5 days a week. They wouldn't be as durable as a wrangler or similar because they have some stretch built into them (4% Polyester, 1% Spandex), but that's what makes them fit well and be comfortable. If I'm working outside, getting dirty, etc. - I throw on Carhartt.

Last edited:
Levi’s politics sent me looking for a new brand.

I tried a few. Those barbell ones DID NOT work. My legs aren’t huge but I looked like I was wearing yoga pants with pockets. Left NOTHING to the imagination. NOTHING.

Check out 5.11 tactical.

https://www.511tactical.com/defender-flex-straight-jean.html

They don’t look tactical at all so don’t let that scare you. While the extra hip pocket could hold an AR magazine mine gets used for a cell phone or power bar most often. I am up to 4 pairs now. Never going back to jeans without stretch.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Went from Levi to Ariat M3 jeans. Got 1 pair just to try and now is all I wear, never going back.

slowelk

WKR
I like the LL Bean classic fit. They fit my athletic thighs and are simple, quality denim. no annoying wash patterns.