Jeans. You know, like denim blue jeans.

OP
dreamingWest
The worst part about Barbell Jeans is having to look at their website. I could handle the black Friday sale price if they're great fitting jeans. This thread has given me a lot a good recommendations. I haven't tried any of them so I'll just start working my way down the list. My current line-up is Prana Axiom and some non-stretch Wranglers.

American Eagle was a nostalgic recommendation. I wore AE jeans from about 7th to 10th grade! I was recently giving my wife a hard time because she went back to AE jeans. But they look great on her and she likes the fit.

curt514

FNG
I have been wearing Dickies carpenter pants for almost 20 years. As a carpenter, electrician, and now industrial maintenance. Sizing is very hit and miss so you have to try every single pair in when you buy but they are comfortable and pretty durable. I am used to having the pocket on the side of my leg for pliers and phone and I am lost without it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R Davis

FNG
As an Ironworker, I go through jeans like you wouldn’t believe. I’m lucky to get a couple months out of a pair. I’ve tried them all and the stretch wranglers are a game changer. No more ripped out asses and they’re comfortable as hell. It helps that they are $24.

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Duluth flex fire hose pants. They aren’t denim but the most damn comfortable pants out there. They also have fleeced lined versions that will last years

Do yourself a favor and go to Costco, you'll probably be able to buy 3 - 5 different brands of jeans, none of which will cost you more than $30/pair. Buy one of each, take them home and decide which one you like best, take the rest back and buy more of the ones you chose. I have been wearing the Urban Star jeans exclusively for 4 - 5 years, but also have jeans by Lucky, Buffalo and William Rast (all from Costco). I have found that what makes jeans really comfortable is 2% spandex in the weave, makes all the difference in the world, and I won't even consider jeans that aren't. Good luck!

Johnboy

WKR
Some of these recommendations need to be more specific. I looked at Revtown and Barbell websites, and all I can say is, I'd sooner wear long johns in public than most of the so-called "pants" these companies make. Since when did wearing long johns as "pants" become a thing? Maybe I'd also have to think Justin Bieber is cool. (Hint: He's not.)

Duluth flex fire hose pants. They aren’t denim but the most damn comfortable pants out there. They also have fleeced lined versions that will last years

Heard nothing but good things about this brand, their customer service, etc....haven't tried em yet. Guess they have an outlet in Los Anchorage, I will probably check it out. Personally I wear Carhartts about every day of the year...hunting, fishing, hiking, shoveling snow, cutting wood, yada yada....love em.

GPool1842

WKR
Some of these recommendations need to be more specific. I looked at Revtown and Barbell websites, and all I can say is, I'd sooner wear long johns in public than most of the so-called "pants" these companies make. Since when did wearing long johns as "pants" become a thing? Maybe I'd also have to think Justin Bieber is cool. (Hint: He's not.)

Agreed, more info could help those who are curious..

Revtown is about as simple as it gets. They are a new company and make two styles, a slim fit and a relaxed fit, with a few color options. They are simple, no-frills jeans, so no bullshit on the pockets. Italian denim with a stretch. They are direct-to-consumer and offer free shipping and free returns for $79.

The most comfortable pair of jeans I have ever put on. Got the whole family into them.

Good luck with the long johns...

Last edited:
Duluth Trading company Flex are the best pant out there aside from the Kuiu Guide Pant

Brendan

WKR
Barbell definitely makes some skinny jean ball huggers, but the relaxed fit ones fit great.

First jeans I've had that actually fit my waist and aren't too tight through the leg.

OP
dreamingWest
I ordered some Revtown Automatic relaxed fit jeans. Based on the reviews, I'm optimistic. Next time I'm at a Walmart I'll try to find some of the new Wrangler stretch fits in my size.

GPool1842

WKR
I ordered some Revtown Automatic relaxed fit jeans. Based on the reviews, I'm optimistic. Next time I'm at a Walmart I'll try to find some of the new Wrangler stretch fits in my size.

Cool! Report back, would like to hear your final verdict.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Duluth’s are extremely nice and durable. I wish my kuiu attack’s were cheap enough I could wear them everyday to work as an electrician. Carhartts are pretty hard to beat as far as durability and price