Jet boil

Hardstalk

WKR
Does anyone keep track of how many burns they get out of a canister with a jetboil?

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
I put a piece of masking tape on the canister and put a tick mark every time i do a boil so I'm not guessing how much fuel is left.

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
I wanna say I've got 12+ boils before i went to a new can. Maybe more. I have several almost empty cans barried some where in the closet

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I wanna say I've got 12+ boils before i went to a new can. Maybe more. I have several almost empty cans barried some where in the closet

I would hope you get better than that, my wife and I get easily 25-30 boils per can. In fact one time we got 33 or 34 boils out of 110 snow peak can.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Weigh the cans. A new one is about 7 oz. figure out what an empty one weighs and then you can guess pretty close how much fuel is left.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did a not so scientific experiment. I turned my jetboil on with a new 100g jetboil gas canister and it ran continuous for 43 minutes. So if it averaged 2 minute boils it would be 21. It is usually a little less than 2 minutes for a boil as most of my meals only require 12 ounces of water. It did seem to not have as much gust during the last 5 or 6 minutes of run time though so it may not be putting out as much heat as the can buster empties.

If I remember correctly I think South Cox did a pretty good test in eastmans about a year or two ago that did a real good test on burn times for the jetboil. It could have been someone else but I know it was in eastmans.

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Just took an old can out it has 18 tick marks on it and a little fuel still left. Maybe a few more boils, but not enough to take in the pack