Jetboil minimo and hot dogs

Teaman1

WKR
Gotta be honest, I really don’t like hotdogs. Had them once out of a jetboil when goose hunting and it actually really hit the spot on a cold day. I was just wondering if anyone on here could tell me if the minimo is tall enough to submerge a hot dog :)

Gotta be honest, I really don’t like hotdogs.

is that because you were eating that oscar meyer/ballpark crap, or did you get them from a locker? Huuuuge difference!

Sorry I can't answer your question about the jetboil tho!

OP
Teaman1

Teaman1

WKR
No. I actually like them on occasion if they are grilled, but a hot-hot dog is a nice switch from bologna if hunting from a camper or just a mid day snack

mt100gr.

WKR
I hunt with a guy that has jet weenies at what seems like every stop we make. He'll pound 2 8-packs or so on a two day hunt!! And then, so he doesn't waste the water, he'll make a coffee! .....Australians....

Every now and then I will indulge and have 1 but just can't get a steady diet of them to agree with my guts....shocking.... never tried the coffee.

Not sure on the jet boil depth....I'd cut those buggers though if you need to.

You should only cut them if you're going to make mt100's special coffee (or some other soup with the water). The casings hold in lots of juice even while salt and such are moving through by diffusion. Just let em stick out the top, you can rotate those ends down into the water to heat both. As for the dimensions - can't help you. Different dogs are different sizes. But the jetboil mini and micromos are wonderful machines - you should definitely get one for this and other fancy culinary adventures.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
OK..here you go. Standard issue bun length hotdog in a Minimo.

i-Zq8WZDw-L.jpg

With a little ingenuity you can almost get your whole wiener in there by adjusting the angle of entry....:cool:

i-kDcwWBZ-L.jpg

Last edited: