jetboil recipe

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I have found, and I have been using the JetBoil since it’s inception, the best thing to do in a Jet Boil is boil water. I don’t even brew coffee in it. Do your “cooking” ahead of time and rehydrate anything you want in a freezer or vac seal bag. Them your coffee doesn’t taste like your chili or beef stroganoff and vise versa.

Whtail101

FNG
Exactly what I found as well. I have a cup for coffee and keep the food in the bag it came in.

Same as above, I've cooked some in a jetboil, heated a can of soup in it, made lots of french press coffee. Just not worth it. They are best left for heating water, and do great at that. I just grabbed a MSR Windburner to try instead of the Jetboils I've used for years, seems like a nicer design. Same thing, I can get a french press for it but I'd rather use instant coffee. Coffee in them isn't so bad, but heating soup or something like that is terrible. Uneven heat, taste sticks around.

My recipes are made by Mountain House :)

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Check this site out. Tons of recipes and with the freezer bags you avoid the problems mentioned above of your coffee tasting like tuna ramen or something 😂