Jetstream vs Cloudburst

Rucker61

WKR
I’m looking to augment/replace my Sitka 90%/Kelvin Lite set up for a more windproof setup for glassing in the Colorado Rockies. I’ve got a Cabela’s space rain ultrapack rain suit set for inclement weather. The two options I’m considering are to sell the 90% and buy a Jetstream when it’s available again, and keep the rain gear, or to keep the 90%, sell the rain gear and pick up the Cloudburst jacket for wind and rain. I’ll be mainly hunting 2nd/3rd rifle season in western Colorado at about 8k feet, no more than 3 days out at a time. Just looking for feedback or other options.

bbrown

WKR
I run a similar system - Sitka kelvin lite vest (or Kuiu spin drift if its cold) and the Cloudburst and I like it a lot so far but I only have one season with it. I also tend to run an extra layer for my top - FL llano, Kuiu 185 zip and Sitka traverse 1/4 zip and the combo works well. Worked great during first rifle above timberline this year.
Since you already have the 90% - I would not waste any money on the jetsteream as my buddy has it and it seems to be less than the 90%. I will hold on to my 90% for when I am guiding or using horses but I doubt if I will pack it with me backpacking anymore.
The space rain gear is a great piece (light and small) for those sudden CO storms and is always in my pack - except when have the clouburst so I would not get rid of it either.

bbrown

WKR
Sitka also makes a wind shirt - the contrail i believe but I would stick with upgrading your rain gear since it will serve dual purposes.