Jim Shockey on Border Closure

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I was hoping someone would point out this huge misconception. Travel insurance is nearly always a waste of money.

But the Outfitters said it was a good idea.................

Anybody that has ever looked at travel insurance knows its a scam. Also most companies have stopped selling CFAR cancel for any reason add ons to their coverage.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
Did anyone actually have an outfitter demand they pay in full for a hunt that clearly wasn’t going to happen?

Lose deposits?

My outfitter was great. Well before the hunt, he called and offered to either refund or roll to the next year. We rolled to the next year, no problem.

Shockey always came across as a used car salesman to me. His black powder substitute was garbage and my interactions with his guides in the Yukon were less than positive but not super bad.

Reactions: OMB
OP
O

OMB

WKR
Did anyone actually have an outfitter demand they pay in full for a hunt that clearly wasn’t going to happen?

Lose deposits?

My outfitter was great. Well before the hunt, he called and offered to either refund or roll to the next year. We rolled to the next year, no problem.

Shockey always came across as a used car salesman to me. His black powder substitute was garbage and my interactions with his guides in the Yukon were less than positive but not super bad.
I think he likes to hear the sound of his own voice an awful lot. I've heard a few grumbles from guys here and there but it seems like most of the reputable outfitters were easy to work with on rebooking. My outfitter not only let me push from 2020 to 2022, but also change my dates as well to add a species. I also had my hunt paid in full and did not ask for my final payment back, fwiw.